-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
Tunisia coach Renard demands pride in final World Cup outing
Tunisia's emergency coach Herve Renard has called on his team to play with "pride and dignity" in their final World Cup match on Thursday after a disastrous campaign.
The much-travelled Frenchman was parachuted in last week after Sabri Lamouchi was fired following the team's 5-1 hammering by Sweden in their opening match in Mexico.
But he was unable to inspire his new side as they collapsed to a 4-0 defeat against Japan, knocking them out of the competition.
Renard, who has managed multiple African teams, must now lift his men as they prepare to face the powerful Netherlands in their final group game in Kansas City.
"Football requires pride even when the situation is difficult," the 57-year-old said at his pre-match press conference at the Arrowhead Stadium on Wednesday.
"You need to be facing these situations with dignity all the way to the end."
Renard said he was "not satisfied" after Tunisia's defeat against Japan, believing he had not got his message across.
"After this match against Japan, what I felt more than anything was a sense of shame towards the Tunisian public, rather than thinking about the future," he said.
"Let's focus on this last match and go out to get something that may seem hard to achieve today, but we have to do it."
Tunisia's collapse has been dramatic after they romped through African qualifying unbeaten, without conceding a single goal.
But they crashed out in the round of 16 at the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year, which Renard said they had struggled to recover from, while their build-up to the World Cup was rocky.
"I'm considering things from the outside and I would say that there are quality players in the team that we will have to use if we want to start afresh," he said.
"I won't be deciding but after a disappointment there is always something you can learn from."
It is understood that Renard, who managed Saudi Arabia at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, is unlikely to stay with Tunisia after the World Cup but he refused to be drawn on the question when he spoke to reporters.
"We have got the last game to play and then we will have to take stock of the situation," he said.
"I'm open to any decision. I'm ready to listen to the project whatever it is but this is not what I'm here for."
Y.Zaher--SF-PST