-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
-
Europe heatwaves scorch 80 million with 40 C heat: AFP analysis
-
US Open purse to top $100 mn as Grand Slams form player council
-
Carrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
-
Hull aim to silence critics after unexpected promotion to Premier League
-
US warns allies, China to back economic war on Iran
-
Pakistan hit back against England after Cox and Root fifties
-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
UK media returns fire at 'Harry the Nasty' over Netflix doc
Britain's media, the main focus of criticism so far in Netflix docuseries "Harry and Meghan", on Friday hit back at the estranged prince and his wife, accusing them of lying and insulting Queen Elizabeth II.
The royal family was largely spared during the first three episodes of the show, which aired on Thursday, with the focus more on Harry's early life and his resentment towards the media, which he blames of the death of his mother Diana.
But the prince did accuse the family of unconscious racial bias, and the royals will be braced for next week's instalment, which threatens more revelations.
The saga dominated Friday's newspaper front pages, which were largely critical of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex -- Harry and Meghan's formal titles.
"Harry the Nasty" said the headline of popular tabloid the Sun, which added the couple had "trashed the Queen's legacy", left Harry's father King Charles III and his brother Prince William in a "state of sadness" and unfairly tarnished the whole country as racist.
The paper, along with many others, picked up on one scene in which Meghan performed a melodramatic curtsey as she recalled meeting Queen Elizabeth II for the first time.
"How low can you go?" asked the tabloid, adding that "mocking Meghan exaggerated a curtsey to poke fun at the royals -- and compared their traditions to a tacky US medieval chain".
- 'Lies' -
The Daily Mail, the right-wing newspaper that has clashed most often with the couple, led with the headline "palace anger at 'assault on the Queen's legacy'," and carried almost 20 pages of coverage on the show.
Inside, one commentator took issue with their claim that Brexit had fuelled racism in the UK and contributed to their eventual split from the family, calling it "the most insulting distortion".
Conservative MP Bob Seely said late Thursday that he plans to bring forward legislation to strip the couple of their royal titles.
"There is a political issue," he said. "As well as trashing his family and monetising his misery for public consumption, he is also attacking some important institutions in this country."
The Mail also dedicated four pages to rebutting what it called the couple's "fantasies and lies", including their claims of an unrelentingly hostile media and stories about their first date and engagement.
It also claimed that the show had "cynically doctored" previous media interviews with the couple.
The broadsheets also dedicated their front pages to the show, with the centre-right Daily Telegraph also leading with the "'direct hit' on the queen's legacy".
The Times ran with the less polemic headline "Palace and Netflix clash over Sussexes soap opera", although one commentator implored: "Please make it stop Netflix, I can't take any more of this self-centred nonsense."
The left-wing Guardian newspaper was more supportive of the couple, and focused on Prince Harry's criticism that the royal family did not protect Meghan against racially charged reporting.
"Just two months after our Queen died, Prince Harry is bemoaning his treatment again... Prince William is venting his fury again... Meanwhile, thousands of ordinary Brits are choosing between eating and heating."
Q.Jaber--SF-PST