-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
-
Russell takes pole for Dutch GP sprint
-
Shakhtar Donetsk to play Champions League home games at Chelsea
-
England start life after Bazball with rout of Pakistan
-
Arsenal sign Villa centre-back Konsa as champions bolster defence
-
'Duck run' pest control catching on in S.Africa's winelands
-
The 'hedgehogs' leading Poland's defences on Russian border
-
UK, Canada, Australia slam Israel ending probe into aid worker killings
-
England thrash Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs in first Test
-
Spurs spending spree vital to raise standards: De Zerbi
-
Fury says Joshua fight 'doesn't look like it's going to happen'
-
US, Canada try to wrap up trade deal before latest Trump deadline
-
Argentina's Paredes suspended 10 matches by FIFA for World Cup fight
-
World No.1 Sinner withdraws from US Open with knee injury
-
Watkins and Martinez could join Villa exodus says Emery
-
Judge allows UK rugby brain injury court case to continue to trial
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail £9.5mn
-
Trump announces temporary tariff relief on ground beef imports
-
Aligned Launches $ALIGN, the Native Token of Its Full Ethereum Stack
-
Pope to visit San Marino, address Italian political event
-
Bitcoin jumps, stocks bounce as traders weigh US Treasury action
-
All Blacks just as good as Springboks, says captain Savea
-
Man City boss Maresca hit with Doku injury blow
-
Romania holding suspected 'low-level agent' after pistols found near Berlin: Germany
-
Iraola wants to sign wingers to boost Liverpool's attacking options
-
UK forecasts 'biggest' El Nino will smash records, spark hottest year
-
Maresca needs time to succeed after 'big changes' at Man City
-
Cyclist Alaphilippe attracts tributes as reports say he has quit
-
Meghan faces difficult return to the UK
-
Top-ranked An, holder Yamaguchi reach badminton worlds semi-finals
-
Archer double strengthens England's grip on first Test against Pakistan
-
Iran president says time to end war while in position of strength
-
MEXC Lists Ondo Tokenized Stock Moderna (MRNAON), Expanding Access to U.S. Biotech Exposure
-
Antonelli fastest in sole Dutch GP practice session
-
Japan axes Netflix collaboration after outcry over dating show
-
2,500 dead and rising -- UN says DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'growing exponentially'
-
Stocks tread cautiously as traders weigh US Treasury action
-
England all out for 409, lead Pakistan by 238 runs in 1st Test
-
STARTRADER Launches XAUUSD247, Extending Gold CFD Access Across the Full Week
-
Premier League returns with Arsenal eyeing title dynasty
-
Spurs agree deal to sign Man City's Savinho: reports
-
Bayern knew about Musiala's condition 'a long time ago' says Kompany
-
US-sanctioned ICC head warns against 'demise of international rule of law'
-
Ex-Pakistan PM Khan taken back to jail after hospital checks
-
Top India court orders new steps to protect threatened elephants
-
Real Madrid star players are compatible: Mourinho
'Dune: Part Two' pushed back to 2024 as Hollywood strikes bite
Warner Bros. has pushed back the hotly anticipated release of sci-fi sequel "Dune: Part Two" until next year and postponed two other films -- one of the biggest changes so far to the movie calendar amid the ongoing actors' and writers' strikes.
The studio confirmed that "Dune: Part Two" -- originally scheduled to premiere on November 3 -- will now open on March 15, 2024, and monster showdown "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire" will now debut in April 2024, not March.
The official social media accounts for the two films on X, formerly known as Twitter, showed both the old and new release dates early Friday. Both are co-produced by Legendary Entertainment.
Warner also delayed the release of its animated "The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim" from April to December 2024.
The scheduling news comes as both the Writers Guild of America (WGA) and the Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA) remain on strike over wages and other conditions.
Under the strike terms, actors cannot shoot or promote any films affiliated with Hollywood's major studios or streaming platforms -- meaning "Dune 2" stars Zendaya and Timothee Chalamet would not be part of its marketing campaign.
"Challengers" -- a tennis love triangle drama also starring Zendaya, who has more than 180 million followers on Instagram -- was pulled from its scheduled premiere at the Venice Film Festival and pushed back to April 2024.
WGA members walked off the job in May, and actors followed suit in July. The double strike, not seen in more than 60 years, has brought Tinseltown to a standstill, and there has not been any meaningful progress in negotiations.
"Dune: Part Two" was widely expected to be a major contender for next year's Oscars. The first installment in Denis Villeneuve's fresh adaptation of Frank Herbert's epic science-fiction novel won six Academy Awards out of 10 nominations.
But a March release could ultimately hinder its chances, as many Oscar favorites are released closer to the end of each year, putting them front and center for Academy voters.
In July, Sony Pictures pushed back two of its major 2023 releases into 2024 -- a "Ghostbusters" sequel and the comic book adaptation "Kraven the Hunter."
It also has delayed the animated "Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider Verse" -- the last in a critically acclaimed trilogy, which had been scheduled for March 2024. No new date has been given.
Writers -- as well as actors -- are renegotiating their collective contracts to demand better pay, guarantees to limit the use of artificial intelligence, and improvements to other working conditions.
Countless film shoots and productions have ground to a halt because of the strikes, and television's Emmy Awards were postponed by four months, to January.
F.Qawasmeh--SF-PST