-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
Kyrgios stuns Rublev in 52 minutes at Miami Open
Nick Kyrgios stressed Friday he's at peace with himself after a day where both sides of the Australian's character come into sharp focus at the ATP and WTA Miami Open.
Hours before he wowed Hard Rock Stadium with a ruthless 52-minute demolition of seventh-ranked Andrey Rublev to reach the third round, the enigmatic world number 102 was fined $25,000 by the ATP following a stormy defeat to Rafa Nadal at Indian Wells earlier this month.
The 26 year-old Aussie was fined $20,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after hurling his racket near a ball boy and $5,000 for an audible obscenity.
Kyrgios, prone to emotional outbursts and controversial actions on court, remains among the sport's most exciting talents when he plays as he did to eliminate the Russian.
Watching American Jenson Brooskby lose the plot on Thursday and throw his racket in similar fashion struck a chord with the Australian star, who next faces Italy's Fabio Fognini.
"I am at peace with everything off the court," Kyrgios told AFP afterwards.
"I am in the right mindset. It's just one match. I was lucky to get through the first round and today I played great.
"I've had the biggest pre-season ever. I've trained hard and in the best shape I've been in for a while. I'm in a better space with my family. I could put it down to a few things.
"I've been on tour for nine years. I know some weeks will be incredible and some will be shocking. I'm not on that rollercoaster life anymore where I really enjoy those highs and almost drown my sorrows with the lows.
"That's healthier for me."
Brooksby sparked anger on social media and in some tennis circles after losing his temper in a match against Argentina's Federico Coria.
Kyrgios has been there and knows why the American lost his head.
"I've done many things in my life just like many other people have where you question your decisions. No one is perfect," Kyrgios said.
"I'm not one to judge anyone's behavior but at the same time, he's a young kid and I wasn't the best role model but he has held himself accountable.
"He knows it wasn't the right thing to do. I can't see him having the kind of personality where he will just say F you. He didn't mean it or mean any harm.
"We will have to nurture him in our sport. It happens -- I'm not saying it's OK -- but I can't see him doing that again."
For Kyrgios, just being able to smile on a tennis court is enough.
"I've been dealing with a lot of stuff over the last couple of years," Kyrgios said of his well documented struggle with mental health, alcohol and drugs.
"But I'm not stressing much and just have been enjoying my tennis."
Elsewhere in the men's draw, second seed Alexander Zverev beat Borna Coric 6-4, 3-6, 6-3. The German will play either Grigor Dimitrov or Mackenzie McDonald next.
K.AbuDahab--SF-PST