-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
-
Russell takes pole for Dutch GP sprint
-
Shakhtar Donetsk to play Champions League home games at Chelsea
-
England start life after Bazball with rout of Pakistan
-
Arsenal sign Villa centre-back Konsa as champions bolster defence
-
'Duck run' pest control catching on in S.Africa's winelands
-
The 'hedgehogs' leading Poland's defences on Russian border
-
UK, Canada, Australia slam Israel ending probe into aid worker killings
-
England thrash Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs in first Test
-
Spurs spending spree vital to raise standards: De Zerbi
-
Fury says Joshua fight 'doesn't look like it's going to happen'
-
US, Canada try to wrap up trade deal before latest Trump deadline
-
Argentina's Paredes suspended 10 matches by FIFA for World Cup fight
-
World No.1 Sinner withdraws from US Open with knee injury
-
Watkins and Martinez could join Villa exodus says Emery
-
Judge allows UK rugby brain injury court case to continue to trial
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail £9.5mn
-
Trump announces temporary tariff relief on ground beef imports
-
Aligned Launches $ALIGN, the Native Token of Its Full Ethereum Stack
-
Pope to visit San Marino, address Italian political event
-
Bitcoin jumps, stocks bounce as traders weigh US Treasury action
-
All Blacks just as good as Springboks, says captain Savea
-
Man City boss Maresca hit with Doku injury blow
-
Romania holding suspected 'low-level agent' after pistols found near Berlin: Germany
-
Iraola wants to sign wingers to boost Liverpool's attacking options
-
UK forecasts 'biggest' El Nino will smash records, spark hottest year
-
Maresca needs time to succeed after 'big changes' at Man City
-
Cyclist Alaphilippe attracts tributes as reports say he has quit
-
Meghan faces difficult return to the UK
-
Top-ranked An, holder Yamaguchi reach badminton worlds semi-finals
-
Archer double strengthens England's grip on first Test against Pakistan
-
Iran president says time to end war while in position of strength
-
MEXC Lists Ondo Tokenized Stock Moderna (MRNAON), Expanding Access to U.S. Biotech Exposure
-
Antonelli fastest in sole Dutch GP practice session
-
Japan axes Netflix collaboration after outcry over dating show
-
2,500 dead and rising -- UN says DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'growing exponentially'
-
Stocks tread cautiously as traders weigh US Treasury action
-
England all out for 409, lead Pakistan by 238 runs in 1st Test
-
STARTRADER Launches XAUUSD247, Extending Gold CFD Access Across the Full Week
-
Premier League returns with Arsenal eyeing title dynasty
-
Spurs agree deal to sign Man City's Savinho: reports
-
Bayern knew about Musiala's condition 'a long time ago' says Kompany
-
US-sanctioned ICC head warns against 'demise of international rule of law'
-
Ex-Pakistan PM Khan taken back to jail after hospital checks
-
Top India court orders new steps to protect threatened elephants
-
Real Madrid star players are compatible: Mourinho
Maxwell and Du Plessis among overseas stars to sign up for Hundred
Australia's Glenn Maxwell and South Africa's Faf du Plessis were among several overseas stars announced Tuesday to have signed up for the 2022 edition of English cricket's the Hundred.
The second season of the eight-team, 100 balls-per-side tournament will also feature some of the world's leading women's players in Australia's Ellyse Perry and Alyssa Healy, India's Smriti Mandhana and South Africa's Lizelle Lee.
England fast bowler Jofra Archer, currently sidelined by an elbow injury that saw him miss the whole of last year's inaugural tournament, is set to make his comeback to senior cricket with the Southern Brave, the reigning men's champions.
Archer will be joined at the Brave by Australia's Marcus Stoinis.
Former South Africa captain du Plessis is at Northern Superchargers after a concussion prevented him from playing for the team last year.
All-rounder Perry and New Zealand women's captain Sophie Devine will both stay at Birmingham Phoenix, with wicketkeeper and opener Healy at the Northern Superchargers and India stroke-player Mandhana signing for the Southern Brave.
Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan has returned to the Trent Bridge Rockets.
The coronavirus pandemic and a congested international schedule meant several foreign stars who had been contracted for the first season of the Hundred pulled out.
Teams, however, had the option of retaining those originally selected, even if they had withdrawn in 2021, meaning all-rounder Maxwell has remained with London Spirit, whose bottom-of-the-table finish meant they received the first draft pick to fill the remaining slots on March 30.
The Lord's-based Spirit have six vacancies to fill in a 16-strong squad, with most teams retaining the bulk of their existing playing staffs.
England white-ball captain Eoin Morgan, who skippered the Spirit in 2021, said: "The first year of The Hundred was a huge success. We saw quality cricket in front of incredible crowds.
"We are delighted to have the first pick in the draft. We hope to add strength and depth to our squad. We can't wait to see who's available to snap up."
Oval Invincibles, the reigning women's champions, have retained captain and last year's most valuable player, South Africa's Dane van Niekerk, as well as the 2021 breakout star Alice Capsey.
For the first time, both men's and women's sides will be able to select an additional fourth overseas player in a wildcard draft in June -- although teams will still only be able to field three overseas players in their XI.
S.Abdullah--SF-PST