-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
'Spider-Man,' 'Harry Potter' producers hired for new 007 film
The producers behind the "Spider-Man" and "Harry Potter" film franchises will oversee the next James Bond movie, Amazon MGM Studios announced Tuesday.
The appointment of Amy Pascal and David Heyman is the first step in Amazon's plan to relaunch the British spy franchise, after taking full creative control last month.
The producers are expected to play a major role in deciding who will replace actor Daniel Craig as the super-suave MI6 agent, as well as choosing the next film's director and production schedule.
Amazon MGM Studios film chief Courtenay Valenti said the pair would "deliver to global audiences storytelling that upholds the impeccable legacy of this beloved character."
Pascal, who previously ran major Hollywood studio Sony Pictures, is best-known for her work on various "Spider-Man" films, including the recent live-action movies starring Tom Holland.
She is no stranger to the Bond franchise. During her tenure, Sony Pictures released 007 films "Casino Royale," "Quantum of Solace" and "Skyfall."
Heyman, who is British, produced all eight film adaptations of J.K Rowling's "Harry Potter" books.
His other credits include "Gravity," "Barbie," and the "Paddington" films.
The announcement will only fuel the swirling speculation about who will next play James Bond, one of the most famous characters in the history of cinema.
Craig's final outing, "No Time to Die" -- the 25th James Bond film -- was released in 2021 and earned $775 million.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Henry Cavill and Theo James are among those currently considered frontrunners.
In 2022, Amazon bought storied Hollywood studio MGM, which held distribution rights to Bond's extensive back catalog.
But it was not until last month that the company struck a deal with longtime Bond producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, to obtain full creative control. The deal was closed Monday.
The franchise had been closely guarded by the Broccoli family since 1962's "Dr. No." They famously insisted on preserving the integrity of the Bond character and brand, resisting spin-offs and licensing that many industry experts expect to see following Amazon's takeover.
"James Bond is one of the most iconic characters in the history of cinema," Pascal and Heyman said in a joint statement.
"We are humbled to follow in the footsteps of Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson who made so many extraordinary films and honored and excited to keep the spirit of Bond very much alive as he embarks on his next adventure."
T.Samara--SF-PST