-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
NZ Rugby boss refuses to confirm Foster's future past SA Tests
New Zealand Rugby's chief has refused to say whether head coach Ian Foster would continue in his job with the All Blacks past two looming Tests in South Africa, heaping pressure back onto the beleaguered team leader.
Two of Foster's assistants were fired last week, following NZ Rubgy's review into a 2-1 defeat to Ireland, the All Blacks' first series loss on home soil for 28 years.
Foster, however, managed to cling to his job.
On Saturday, NZ Rugby chief executive Mark Robinson said there would be sharp focus on the team's performance in the opening Rugby Championship Tests against the world champion Springboks, but refused to say whether Foster would remain coach beyond that.
"I'm not going to get into speculating on things like that," he told radio station Newstalk ZB.
Foster has a modest record in charge of the side, with 16 wins from 24 Tests, including four defeats from his last five.
NZ will play South Africa in Mbombela on August 6 and Johannesburg a week later.
"As we've signalled he's certainly the person to lead the team to South Africa and we're making sure that we've got everything possible in the way of resourcing and support to make sure that's successful," said Robinson.
Foster's critics have said the jettisoning of assistant coaches John Plumtree and Brad Mooar did not go far enough, after the Irish completely outplayed the All Blacks.
While Canterbury Crusaders forward coach Jason Ryan was added to the coaching staff, many pundits have called for successful Crusaders head coach Scott Robertson to take the top job.
In a podcast this week, six-time Super Rugby championship-winning coach Robertson sent a tremor through the national game by declaring he would be willing to coach overseas.
"When someone doesn't give it to you, you have to think differently about what opportunities are out there," he said.
The NZ Rugby chief said he had been in contact with Robertson but would not elaborate on the nature of their discussions.
"We certainly understand the sentiment of our fans that's been coming through loud and clear," Robinson said.
"We know Razor (Robertson) has a huge amount to offer the game in New Zealand in the future and we've obviously got a (domestic) contract with him around that. Commenting any further on that wouldn't be appropriate."
Foster's predecessor as All Blacks coach, Steve Hansen, this week said too much blame for the team's slumping fortunes had been laid at the feet of the coaching staff.
Hansen, who oversaw just ten losses during his 107-Test reign, said relations between the players and NZ Rugby executive had dived to "the worst it's ever been".
K.AbuDahab--SF-PST