
-
European stocks retreat before US inflation data
-
Howe vows Newcastle won't make 'poor' transfer decisions
-
Max Verstappen: fan favourite but -- for once -- not race favourite
-
Austria orders YouTube to give users access to their data
-
Labubu fans flock to stores after launch of mini dolls
-
Italy's Meloni slams photo sharing in lewd sites scandal
-
Swiss economic outlook 'dampened' by US tariffs: key barometer
-
Tukuafu returns for women's rugby world champions New Zealand against Japan
-
Israel army says Gaza City now 'a dangerous combat zone'
-
Trump son hypes bitcoin on Hong Kong leg of Asia trip
-
Paetongtarn Shinawatra: glamorous Thai PM felled by Cambodia row
-
Park Chan-wook, master of black comedy, returns to Venice
-
Mourinho sacked by Fenerbahce after Champions League exit
-
German unemployment tops 3 million, highest for a decade
-
Thai court sacks PM over Cambodia phone call row
-
Turkey says Russia scales back Ukraine territorial demands
-
South Korea's ex-first lady indicted for bribery
-
Lay off our eggs market, French producers tell Ukraine
-
Modi says India, Japan to 'shape the Asian century'
-
Hope and hate: how migrant influx has changed Germany
-
Outdoor athletics season should be longer, says Coe
-
Russian composer Rodion Shchedrin dies aged 92: Bolshoi
-
Thai court to rule on PM's fate after Cambodia phone call row
-
Last French survivor of key WWII desert battle dies aged 103
-
NZ police say CCTV shows father on the run for four years
-
Vandalism hobbles Nigeria's mobile telephone services
-
Indonesia leader orders investigation into driver's protest death
-
At 81, DJ Gloria fills Sweden's dancefloors
-
Japan seeks record defence budget, to triple drone spending
-
Late-night Paul battles through at US Open in 1:46 am finish
-
Jury finds Australian croc wrangler lied about air crash
-
Mistrust undermines Ivory Coast's universal healthcare dream
-
Sinner on the march as Swiatek, tearful Gauff toil at US Open
-
Australian police urge gunman to surrender after officers killed
-
Nanjing massacre film set becomes China school holiday hotspot
-
Celtic and Rangers seek Old Firm tonic for Champions League trauma
-
Aussie Rules player latest found with concussion-linked brain disease
-
Zelensky urges more Western pressure on Putin after deadly Russian attack
-
US ends tariff exemption for small packages shipped globally
-
Asia stocks mixed after Wall St hits new highs
-
Cash-strapped Taliban look to airspace for windfall
-
Biles' presence helps Gauff win US Open crying game
-
'Female power': Japan erotic art destigmatised in new exhibit
-
Olympic marathon champion Hassan opts for Sydney ahead of worlds
-
Atletico already playing catch-up after poor La Liga start
-
Lyon find cause for optimism after turbulent summer
-
Sinner on the march as tearful Gauff, Swiatek toil at US Open
-
Julia Roberts to make Venice debut in cancel culture drama
-
Big numbers set to remain a feature of Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Families lose hope for Salvadorans held in gang crackdown

Alcaraz downs Sinner to win Italian Open in Roland Garros warning
Carlos Alcaraz won the Italian Open on Sunday after beating rival Jannik Sinner 7-6 (7/5), 6-1 in the final and firing a warning shot for Roland Garros.
Alcaraz, who will climb to world number two behind Sinner on Monday, won his third title of the season ahead of the French Open which starts next weekend.
The Spaniard claimed victory in his fourth final of the season and sent a message to the rest of the men's tour for Roland Garros where he will defend the title.
Sinner tops the world rankings but his 26-match winning streak was ended by Alcaraz, also the man who had last beat him in last year's China Open final.
Alcaraz is the only man to beat Sinner in a tour final since the start of 2024, when his Italian rival began his rise to the top of men's tennis and three Grand Slam titles.
The 22-year-old has had a hugely impressive clay court swing this season even with the thigh injury which cost him the chance to compete at the Madrid Open.
Alcaraz won in Rome a second Masters 1000 title of the year to go alongside his victory at Monte Carlo last month. He also reached the final in Barcelona.
Finishing runner-up is still a hugely positive result for Sinner in his first tournament since his three-month ban for testing positive twice in March last year for traces of clostebol, a contamination doping authorities accepted was accidental.
His progress in Rome also sets up the possibility of another final clash with Alcaraz at Roland Garros, with the two young stars of men's tennis set to be the two top seeds in Paris.
Sinner was gunning to become the first Italian man to win at the Foro Italico since Adriano Panatta back in 1976, but he failed to make it a hat-trick of triumphs for home players in the Italian capital.
Earlier Jasmine Paolini became the first woman since Monica Seles in 1990 to win the Rome singles and doubles titles when she and Sara Errani beat Veronika Kudermetova and Elise Mertens 6-4, 7-5.
Paolini secured that brace of victories a day after overcoming former US Open champion Coco Gauff in straight sets, and becoming the first Italian woman to win the Rome singles title since Raffaella Reggi in 1985.
B.Mahmoud--SF-PST