-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
Queen's champion Berrettini into semi-finals as Peniston's dream run ends
Champion Matteo Berrettini booked his place in the semi-finals of the Queen's Club ATP grass-court tournament with a straight sets win over Tommy Paul on Friday as British rookie Ryan Peniston's dream run finally came to an end.
Berrettini, last year's Wimbledon runner-up, was 4-1 down in the first set but he rallied to defeat the American 6-4, 6-2.
The Italian will now play Botic van de Zandschulp of the Netherlands in the last four of the Wimbledon warm-up event.
Marin Cilic is also through to the last four, the first time has got this far in a grass-court tournament, after the Croatian beat Finland's Emil Ruusuvuori 7-6 (7/2, 6-4.
Cilic will play Filip Krajinovic, who finally put an end to Peniston's remarkable ATP main draw debut, with a 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory.
Peniston, a lowly 180 in the rankings prior to this week, had already knocked out world number five and French Open finalist Casper Ruud on Tuesday.
He looked on course to make it into the last four when he took the first set against Krajinovic before the Serbian's greater experience of match play proved decisive.
Nevertheless 26-year-old left-hander Peniston, who survived cancer as a baby, could console himself with a cheque for £50,000 ($61,000) -- almost double his earnings for the rest of the year -- having secured a Wimbledon wild card which guarantees he will earn at least as much again.
"It's definitely a lot of money," said Peniston, who will now move up 35 places in the rankings to 145 in the world.
"I was playing on the Futures Tours a couple of years ago and then the Challengers. So it's definitely going to help my career a lot. I'm just going to reinvest it in myself.
"Just being able to pay for training and travel and now I'm starting to be able to afford a coach to travel with.
"The next step is being able to afford a physical trainer on the road, which I think is super important, and trying to basically improve the team and have them as much with me as possible."
Peniston, from London, added: "I'm going to remember a lot from this week I think, for sure."
A forehand winner which clipped the baseline gave Peniston the first set in 47 minutes on a swelteringly hot day in London, with temperatures on centre court touching 33 Celsius (91 Fahrenheit).
Krajinovic, however, kept his cool sufficiently to level the match with the only break of the second set and edged ahead in the third before Peniston's overhit forehand gav the world number 48 the match.
"That was really tough," said Krajinovic.
"The conditions were hot, windy. He played really well and for a set and a half he was the better player.
"But I started to play more aggressively and he made some mistakes, and I'm very happy to be in my first semi-final on grass."
K.AbuTaha--SF-PST