-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
Quartararo eyes succeeding Marquez as king of the Sachsenring
World champion Fabio Quartararo has a chance to become the first winner of the German MotoGP apart from Marc Marquez since 2013 in Sunday's race at the Sachsenring.
Spaniard Marquez is unable to defend his almost decade-long run of success after being ruled out for an undetermined amount of time following another operation earlier this month on an arm injury.
Quartararo, 23, has a 22-point advantage in the world championship over second place Aleix Espargaro after the Frenchman clinched his second victory of the season two weeks ago at the Catalonia MotoGP.
However, the Yamaha rider has never won on the German track near the Czech border, finishing third last season and failing to finish four years ago.
In Moto2 and Moto3, Quartararo never finished in the top 10.
"It's a totally different type of circuit to that of Montmelo," Quartararo said.
"I feel in good form, and I'm riding really well, so we have to achieve the best result possible."
One of Quartararo's rivals this weekend, the penultimate stop on the calendar before the season is put on hold for a month after June 26's Dutch Grand Prix, will be Espargaro.
Aprilia's 32-year-old was on pole in Catalonia and was leading going into the final lap but had to settle for fifth.
He has five podium finishes this season including victory in Argentina, his first at his 200th attempt.
"For the these two last races before the summer break, our objective must be to win significant points," Espargaro said.
"This year we've shown we can always be competitive on all tracks and all conditions, consistency will be key for the end of the season.
"I'm motivated, we can do well at the Sachsenring," he added.
- Unpopular Nakagami -
Eyes this weekend will also will be on Japan's Takaaki Nakagami who caused uproar among his fellow riders two weeks ago after causing a crash which wiped out Francesco Bagnaia and Alex Rins.
Rins suffered a wrist fracture and said LCR Honda's rider was one of MotoGP's most dangerous riders and Frenchman Johann Zarco said Nakagami had lost all his credit with other riders.
Nakagami then apologised for the incident on Instagram.
The 30-year-old is a doubt for this weekend due to a head injury but said this week he is hopeful of his chances of racing and posted an image of himself on social media on his way to Germany.
In Moto2, Italian Celestino Vietti will look to extend his advantage at the top of the championship after taking the lead following his win in Catalonia.
In Moto 3, Spaniard Sergio Garcia will also look to keep a firm grip on his top spot.
K.AbuDahab--SF-PST