-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
Indonesia agrees deal with Apple that could end iPhone sales ban: reports
Indonesia has struck a deal with Apple for the tech giant to invest in the country, local media reported a minister as saying Wednesday, in a move that could end a ban on iPhone 16 sales in Southeast Asia's biggest economy.
The government in October prohibited the marketing and sale of the model over the US tech titan's failure to meet regulations requiring 40 percent of phones be made from local parts.
Industry Minister Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita said Wednesday that a Memorandum of Understanding had been signed virtually between officials from his ministry and Apple, reports said.
Apple will build two facilities -- one in Bandung in West Java Province to produce accessories and another in Batam worth $150 million to help produce Airtags via local suppliers, Bloomberg News reported the minister as saying.
The MoU allows for the revoking of the iPhone 16 sales ban under certain conditions, according to the reports.
Agus said work towards approval of a local content certificate to sell the iPhone 16 could begin after the agreement was signed, local news site Kompas said.
A government source confirmed to AFP on Tuesday that terms for the lifting of the ban had been agreed, without providing more details.
Apple Indonesia, the Industry Ministry and the Investment Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Jakarta rejected a $100 million investment proposal from Apple in November, saying it lacked the "fairness" required by the government.
The negotiation deadlock forced Apple to later offer an investment of $1 billion to build an AirTag factory in the country.
Despite the sales ban, the government had allowed iPhone 16s to be carried into Indonesia if they were not being traded commercially.
Indonesia also banned the sale of Google Pixel phones for failing to meet the 40 percent parts requirement.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook visited Indonesia last year as the tech giant explored ways to invest in the country and diversify supply chains away from China.
A.AbuSaada--SF-PST