-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
Boxing to learn LA Olympics fate in first half of 2025: IOC chief Bach
International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach said on Friday his organisation would decide in the first half of next year whether or not boxing will be allowed at the 2028 Los Angeles Games.
Boxing has come under intense scrutiny at the Paris Olympics after a furore over the gender of two women fighters after it emerged they had been disqualified from the world championships last year but deemed eligible to compete in Paris.
One of the two, Algerian fighter Imane Khelif, is going for gold in her final later Friday against China's Li Qian. The other, Taiwan's Lin Yu-ting, fights in her final on Saturday.
The issue has been further complicated because the IOC is running the boxing competition in Paris due to deep concerns it has about the governance of the Russian-led International Boxing Association.
Bach has already warned in Paris that boxing's national federations need to find a new and "reliable" international partner for the IOC to be sure the sport features on the programme for 2028.
On Friday, Bach said the IOC would take the decision on its inclusion in the first half of 2025.
"I think the answer is at some point in the next year, as soon as possible but I don't think we can expect a final decision before next year," Bach said.
"I hope we'll have an answer in the first half of next year."
Asked again about whether the IOC was prepared to consider reviewing the gender issue that has dogged the Paris competition, Bach said: "We have said from the very beginning, if someone is presenting us a scientifically solid system how to identify men and women, we are the first ones to do it.
"We do not like this uncertainty. We do not like it for the overall situation so we would be more than pleased to look into it.
"But what is not possible that someone is saying this is not a woman just by looking at somebody or by falling prey to a defamation campaign by a not credible organisation with highly political interest."
S.Abdullah--SF-PST