-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
Top Swiss ballet dumps artistic director in 'zero tolerance' move
The prestigious Bejart Ballet Lausanne on Friday dismissed artistic director Gil Roman after he invited to a show a former production director sacked over sexual harassment claims.
The Swiss cultural icon said it was terminating the French choreographer's contract from April 30 following an incident at the Paris Opera last month.
The ballet company was plunged into turmoil following accusations of harassment in 2021, which prompted it to order an audit.
In a statement, the company's foundation board said the production director had been fired for "comments and attitudes which fall within the notion of sexual harassment in the workplace" following the 2021 audit.
However, Roman invited him to a show in Paris, "then to a private aperitif afterwards in the presence of all of the dancers".
The board "considered this behaviour inappropriate and intolerable towards the institution and even more so towards the dancers, taking into account the conclusions of the audit".
BBL said that in compliance with its "zero tolerance" policies, and despite Roman's "artistic qualities", the board "decided to terminate his employment contract".
The company was founded in 1987 by the late French choreographer Maurice Bejart, a master of contemporary dance.
Roman, who first worked under Bejart in Brussels in 1979, took over as BBL's artistic director in 2007 following Bejart's death.
"The foundation board thanks Gil Roman for the years spent within the BBL, for his investment and for the artistic excellence that he has instilled throughout his commitment to the service of the company," the statement said.
The board said it will appoint an interim artistic director. "The production and presentation of the scheduled shows are ensured," it said.
N.Shalabi--SF-PST