-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
-
Paul Pogba to be released by Monaco: club
-
UK PM unveils plan to help rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Tokyo opposes US sanctions on Japanese ICC chief Akane
-
Pakistan govt to challenge court on moving ex-PM Khan to private hospital
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
India four wickets away from victory in Sri Lanka Test
-
Bowling great Donald warns Bangladesh that Australia will hit back hard
-
Belgian wildfire 'encircled' but situation still 'complicated'
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
-
Southern African mothers plead for sons lured to Russia's war
-
Campaigns kick off in Nigerian presidential race
-
Palestinian-American hoists US flag on home besieged by settlers
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players for drinking, bringing women to hotel
-
Freedom Holding Marks New Türkiye Milestone as Freedom Yatırım Secures Brokerage License
-
Trump pauses 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Humanoid resources: China's robots search for workforce breakthrough
-
Five Premier League stars to watch this season
-
China goes rural with data centres in quest to power AI
-
China's robots open to opportunities in search of commercial breakthrough
-
Trump pauses planned 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Tech leads losses as Asian stocks track Wall St selloff
-
Ikitau, Suaalii named in Australia squad for Argentina Tests
-
US, South Korea cut drills short after Trump criticism
-
'American Doctor' shows brutality of conflict in Gaza
-
Italian scientists bet on octopus to fight crab invasion
-
New Zealand blocks lawsuits against firms over climate harm
-
New 'Insidious' reflects anxiety of being a new parent: director
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players amid police probe
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to power ahead in Cincinnati
-
Turkey rejects Israeli claims after strike on Syria air base
-
Israel blames Turkey after strike on Syria air base
-
Climate change main driver of European ocean warming: study
-
Trump, Carney talk as Canada seeks to hold off new US tariffs
-
Gauff finds a way into the Cincinnati fourth round
-
NASA images reveal crater left by SpaceX rocket's Moon crash
-
ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies at age 77
-
UN atomic watchdog says found tons of nuclear material at Syria site
-
Bayern's Musiala reveals 'neurological disorder' after on-field collapse
-
Ecuadoran diplomat enters race to be next UN chief
Sun to go down on Elton John's final UK tour at Glastonbury
After Paul McCartney, the Glastonbury music festival on Friday again rolled back the years by announcing Elton John as its headline act next June to close out his final UK tour.
The 75-year-old singer-songwriter said he "couldn't be more excited" to make his debut at Britain's best-known festival as he winds down a glittering live career.
John last month played his final US gigs as part of his "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" world tour, which is due to end in Stockholm on July 8.
Prior to that, he will headline the closing Sunday slot at Glastonbury in southwest England on June 25, according to Emily Eavis, whose father Michael started the British event in 1970.
"This will be the final UK show of Elton's last ever tour, so we will be closing the festival and marking this huge moment in both of our histories with the mother of all send-offs," she said.
"We are so very happy to finally bring the Rocket Man to Worthy Farm!"
John announced the farewell world tour in 2018, but it was curtailed by the Covid pandemic and after he was injured in a fall.
The British singer has scored a hit single in every decade since the 1970s and amassed worldwide record sales of 300 million.
- 'Incredibly emotional' -
The tour features extravagant costumes, spectacular visuals and classics from his catalogue along with recent number one "Cold Heart", which was a collaboration with pop star Dua Lipa.
John said his Glastonbury premiere would be a "fitting way" to say goodbye to his fans at home.
"They have been beyond brilliant, and have supported me through all the highs and lows of my career," he said, paying tribute to Glastonbury's "genuine, enthusiastic support for the best emerging talent".
"I've been talking to Emily Eavis about it over the last few weeks and I can't wait to embrace the spirit of the greatest festival in the world. It's going to be incredibly emotional."
In recent years, however, Glastonbury has paid less heed to new emerging talent on its main stages.
Last June, McCartney became the festival's oldest solo headliner at the age of 80. He played a set of Beatles classics, aided by cameos from Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl.
Soul legend Diana Ross, 78, also performed this year, leading to some grumbling on social media at the "geriatric" profile and that only the rich and middle-aged could afford the ticket prices.
More than 100,000 standard tickets for next year's June 21-25 festival sold out in just over an hour when they went on sale a month ago, despite the price rising to £335 ($410) from £280 this year.
Z.AlNajjar--SF-PST