-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
-
Europe heatwaves scorch 80 million with 40 C heat: AFP analysis
-
US Open purse to top $100 mn as Grand Slams form player council
-
Carrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
-
Hull aim to silence critics after unexpected promotion to Premier League
-
US warns allies, China to back economic war on Iran
-
Pakistan hit back against England after Cox and Root fifties
-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
-
Milky Way's fastest star discovered spinning around black hole
-
Newly-crowned European champ Werro turns focus on 800m record
-
Kanye West planned concerts trigger frenzy in Russia
-
Hamilton 'fittest ever' as he chases eighth F1 title
-
Hungary music festival basks in post-Orban freedom
-
Stocks retreat as bond yield fears persist, oil rises
-
Vatican says 'serious concerns' over Israel-Lebanon deal implementation
-
ARKBRIDGE’s David Mali Highlights AI-Driven Risk Management at the Finance Magnates London Summit
-
Arteta confirms Arsenal want to sign defender after Konsa link
-
Zuckerberg buys Gothic castle in Ireland: spokesman
-
What's behind the UAE's decision to cut Iran trade ties?
-
Belgium's fire of the century now 'under control'
-
Barca seal Cancelo return to bolster defence
-
Evergrande's Xu Jiayin: from real-estate tycoon to life in prison
-
Germany reports record 14,000 heat-related deaths this summer
-
Spurs eyeing move for Man City's Savinho and Marmoush - reports
-
Alvarez 'focused' says new Atletico team-mate Romero
-
Springboks captain Kolisi to miss first All Blacks Test
-
West Ham warn fans about 'offensive' Solomon chant
-
Japan to launch probe for Mars moons in October: space agency
-
Huge questions loom over Prince Harry's shock return to UK
Eurovision 70th anniversary live tour postponed
The Eurovision Song Contest's first-ever tour, planned to celebrate its 70th anniversary, has been postponed, organisers said, citing "unforeseen challenges".
It is another setback for the world's biggest live televised music event, after five countries pulled out of this year's contest over Israel's participation, amid tensions surrounding the Gaza war.
"We regret to announce that we've made the difficult decision to postpone the Eurovision Song Contest Live Tour 2026," Eurovision director Martin Green said Friday in a statement.
"We have encountered unforeseen challenges that despite the best efforts of our team, the producers, and promoters we have been unable to resolve."
He said the thousands of fans who had already bought tickets would be refunded in full as soon as possible.
"We look forward to relaunching the Live Tour when we can ensure the world class experience that our fans expect," Green added.
The indoor arena tour was due to visit 10 European cities: London, Hamburg, Milan, Zurich, Antwerp, Cologne, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Paris and Stockholm.
The tour, scheduled for June and July, was due to feature artists both the 2026 contest and past editions, doing their own Eurovision songs plus covers of others from the competition's history.
On the bill were Ireland's multiple winner Johnny Logan, Katrina, who won for Britain in 1997, and Finnish monster rock band Lordi, who won in 2006.
- Boycott -
This year's edition of Eurovision will take place in Vienna, with the grand final on May 16.
Only 35 countries will take part in the glitzy extravaganza -- the fewest since entry was expanded in 2004 -- following the withdrawal of public broadcasters from Spain, Ireland, Iceland, the Netherlands and Slovenia.
Matters came to a head over widespread concerns about the conduct of Israel's war in the Gaza Strip.
There were suspicions too that the televoting system was being manipulated to boost Israel at Eurovision 2025 in Basel, while some broadcasters also raised concerns about media freedom, with Israel preventing their journalists from accessing Gaza.
"The 70th anniversary shows will be celebrated with 35 amazing artists performing to record sell-out audiences in Vienna and hundreds of millions watching around the world," said Green.
First held in 1956, Eurovision is run by the Geneva-based European Broadcasting Union, the world's biggest alliance of public-service media.
E.Qaddoumi--SF-PST