-
Japan economy grows faster than expected in first quarter
-
World Cup glory attracts superstar coaches into international battle
-
Stuttering Sabalenka seeks to set down marker at Roland Garros
-
'Little' Freiburg chasing glory in debut European final
-
Villa inspired by former heroes as they target Europa League glory
-
Irrepressible Sinner primed for career Grand Slam at Roland Garros
-
China market for Nvidia AI chips to open 'over time': Huang
-
Asian markets cautious, oil dips after Trump holds off on Iran attack
-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, both suspects dead
-
Love, lust and gnomes as top UK flower show bursts into bloom
-
Fans of historic DC park wary of Trump plan to 'beautify' city
-
As bee population collapses, US apiarists fear research cuts
-
Lights out for Cuban students as blockade bites
-
Campaigners warn Italy's gutted rape bill could help assailants
-
Libyan ex-prison boss faces ICC war crimes hearing
-
Argentine scientists lay first traps in hantavirus hunt
-
Star of Rome's 'sexy priest' calendar admits: 'I was never a priest'
-
Harry Styles fans to splash over £1 bn on London concerts: Barclays
-
Bolivia protest sees violent clashes, looting in La Paz
-
Trump says held off on new Iran attack, upbeat for agreement
-
Los Angeles World Cup workers vow strike over ICE guarantees
-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, two attackers dead
-
US to screen for Ebola at airports, one American in DR Congo infected
-
Aussie Scott officially set for 100th straight major at US Open
-
Pep Guardiola to leave Man City at end of the season - reports
-
Neymar back in Brazil squad for fourth World Cup
-
Arsenal on the brink of Premier League title after nervy Burnley win
-
Oil rises, global stocks mixed as markets track Iran developments
-
World Cup winner Pavard confirms Marseille exit
-
Trump says holding off on new Iran attack
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks; Washington adds sanctions
-
Trump says delaying Iran attack at request of Gulf leaders
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks and Washington issues sanctions
-
After mayor's murder, Mexico battles to bring peace
-
Trump admin creates $1.7 bln fund to compensate allies prosecuted under Biden
-
Pelicans name Mosley as coach, two weeks after Magic firing
-
Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs along with Gujarat
-
'Girl in the River Main' identified 25 years on, father arrested
-
Musk loses blockbuster OpenAI suit as jury says too late
-
SNC Scandic Coin and Biconomy: Regulated real-world assets meet global trading infrastructure
-
Judge allows gun as evidence in Mangione healthcare exec murder trial
-
First attack on Arab nuclear site sends warning to Gulf, US
-
Oil rises, bond yields weigh on stocks
-
Hormuz tanker traffic edges higher after wartime low
-
Andalusia setback highlights weakness of Spain's ruling Socialists
-
India's Adani to pay $275 mn settlement to US over alleged Iran sanctions violations
-
Middle East tourism pain is Europe's gain
-
UK Labour leadership hopeful reopens Brexit debate
-
PSG's Dembele has treatment for leg issue before Champions League final
-
Spurs must play with 'courage' to seal safety: De Zerbi
Will Harry meet King Charles on trip to UK?
Prince Harry returns to London on Monday for a children's charity gala. But the question on everyone's lips is whether after years of tensions and hurt he will meet his father, King Charles III.
The last time the self-exiled prince saw Charles was in February 2024, when he flew back from his home in California after learning that his father had been diagnosed with cancer.
The two men met only briefly at Charles's residence, Clarence House, before Harry returned to the United States having stayed the night in a London hotel.
Now 76, the king has been having regular treatments for his undisclosed form of cancer. But the rift between father and son has yet to heal.
Harry has returned to the UK three times since then, but has not met with Charles despite making a heartfelt plea in May.
"I would love reconciliation with my family," he told the BBC, adding tearfully: "I don't know how much longer my father has."
He confessed his dad "won't speak to me... but... it would be nice to reconcile".
The message may have prompted Charles to reach out to his youngest son, to see if their fractured ties can be mended.
Harry, also known as the Duke of Sussex, stepped back as a working royal in 2020 with his wife Meghan, heading to a new life in North America with their baby son Archie.
But on July 9, the king's press secretary Tobyn Andreae, a former deputy editor at the UK tabloid the Daily Mail, and the prince's new head of communications Meredith Maines were spotted meeting in London.
A photo of them sitting together, accompanied by Harry's UK spokesman Liam Maguire, on a private terrace was published in the Mail on Sunday stirring speculation that after years of estrangement something was afoot.
According to the Mirror newspaper, the two men may have "a simple face-to-face conversation between a father and his son".
- 'Fragmented family ' -
Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on the speculation. But royal watchers are not ruling out a meeting.
"I think reconciliation is on the cards," historian and royal commentator Ed Owens told AFP.
"I think Buckingham Palace and the king have recognised that it is in the king's interest as a public figure to look to reconcile with his son," he said.
"It will be seen as managing to knit back together this very fragmented family which for too long with its various tabloid stories, gossip, and scandal has distracted" from the king's reign, he added.
Harry will take part in an awards ceremony on Monday night for the WellChild charity, recognising "the remarkable resilience and heroic qualities" of seriously ill children.
He also has several other engagements lined up during the week, his spokesman said.
Charles is due to be in Scotland on Saturday for the traditional annual Highland Games close to his Balmoral Castle.
"The big question is, if the king and Prince Harry meet up, where would it be?" said Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty Magazine.
- 'First steps' -
The pow-wow in July between the royal aides "did show there is a channel of communication", he said.
"The king still very much loves Harry. But clearly, a lot of unpleasant things have happened in the past few years," he added.
The royal family was shaken by revelations made in Harry's biography "Spare" and in an explosive interview with US chat show queen Oprah Winfrey, alleging among other things that unnamed relatives had made racist comments.
Harry's older brother Prince William, heir to the throne, was particularly angered by several criticisms against him and his wife Princess Catherine.
Harry acknowledged to the BBC that "some members of my family will never forgive me for writing a book. Of course they will never forgive me for lots of things."
Meghan has not returned to Britain since the death and funeral of Harry's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, in September 2022.
The couple's children, Archie, 6, and Lilibet, 4, were last in the UK for celebrations to mark the 70th anniversary of the queen's reign the year before.
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams said any meeting would be far from prying eyes and would just be "the first steps" in any reconciliation.
But he stressed William is completely opposed to welcoming Harry back into the family fold.
T.Samara--SF-PST