-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
-
Russell takes pole for Dutch GP sprint
-
Shakhtar Donetsk to play Champions League home games at Chelsea
-
England start life after Bazball with rout of Pakistan
-
Arsenal sign Villa centre-back Konsa as champions bolster defence
-
'Duck run' pest control catching on in S.Africa's winelands
-
The 'hedgehogs' leading Poland's defences on Russian border
Ogier wins Acropolis Rally to close in on Evans
French veteran Sebastien Ogier relied on his experience to navigate the punishing Greek terrain and win the Acropolis Rally on Sunday as Hyundai rival Thierry Neuville suffered a puncture.
Nine-time world champion Ogier, who is driving a part-time campaign, triumphed with a 58.3-second margin on the Belgian to move third in the overall standings behind Welsh driver Elfyn Evans who finished seventh.
Japan's Takamoto Katsuta took third place, finishing just over three minutes back.
Ogier had complained all weekend about tyres that were "unsuited to the conditions" of the rocky roads.
But driving with extreme caution he managed to avoid a race-ending puncture to claim his 69th world championship win.
"Finally! Thanks to the Greek gods," said the 42-year-old, who had previously the race in 2011.
"It was a long weekend; there was never a moment to relax. I tried to sense every single stone."
It was a real battle with Neuville, winner in Greece in 2022 and 2024.
The two men had been going head-to-head since Friday's opening stages, separated by just 1.3 seconds heading into the penultimate stage.
But the Belgian ultimately lost out in the puncture lottery -- his rear-right tyre shredded, costing him 53 seconds and his chances of victory.
"We've been very unlucky; I don't know what happened, a puncture on the rear left, then the rear right," Neuville said.
"I'm disappointed; it would have been great to battle Sébastien right to the end. We might have deserved a win; we had the pace."
Other drivers suffered multiple punctures with Frenchman Adrien Fourmaux's Hyundai having four.
Irishman Jon Armstrong (Ford), won his very first WRC stage and briefly held third place on Friday, before punctures saw him slip to 20th.
Ford could nonetheless take satisfaction in the fourth-place finish of Irishman Josh McErlean.
In the championship standings, Toyota's Evans retains the lead despite losing ground after opening the road on Friday, a major disadvantage in a gravel rally.
However, the Welshman's lead narrowed and he is now ahead of second-placed Katsuta by a mere seven points.
Ogier has climbed back to third, 33 points behind Evans, after claiming maximum points with the overall win and in both Super Sunday and the Power Stage.
C.Hamad--SF-PST