-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
Moutet fined over x-rated Queen's Club rant
Queen's Club bad-boy Corentin Moutet has been fined £30,248 ($39,991) following his foul-mouthed interview at the Wimbledon warm-up event.
The controversial Frenchman said the 'F-word' seven times during a live BBC television interview on court after his first round victory over Giovanni Mpetshi Perricard earlier this week.
Having initially sworn unintentionally while answering the first question, a grinning Moutet repeatly swore again before interviewer Jenny Drummond pulled the plug.
The ATP announced on Friday that the 27-year-old, who earned £33,000 for reaching the second round of the grass-court tournament, would be a hit with a fine that was virtually equal to his entire prize money.
The fine was imposed for "unsportsmanlike conduct" by using "profane language during his post-match interview", the ATP said.
Moutet, who was beaten in straight sets by Spanish fourth seed Alejandro Davidovich Fokina in the last 16, has confirmed he will appeal against the fine.
The world number 36 already had a reputation as one of the more volatile players in the men's game after a host of incidents in his colourful career.
At the Adelaide International in 2022, Moutet was disqualified for swearing at the chair umpire immediately after he lost the second set of his second-round match.
He was fined by the ATP later that year following a scuffle on the court with Adrian Andreev.
In November 2022, Moutet was expelled from the French Federation of Tennis (FFT), losing financial aid and his coach, after repeated bad behaviour.
Elsewhere at Queen's on Friday, American Brandon Nakashima shocked Australian top seed Alex De Minaur in the quarter-finals.
The 24-year-old, ranked 32, pulled off one of the biggest wins of his career with a 7-5, 6-3 victory.
"Very happy with my performance, it definitely wasn't easy," he said. "I was under a lot of pressure but I'm happy with myself getting through the critical points and closing it out at the end.
"It's never easy serving out a match, especially against a top player like Alex, so I was happy to win the last point."
J.AbuHassan--SF-PST