-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
Australian qualifier Hijikata shocks Lehecka at Queen's Club
Australian qualifier Rinky Hijikata stunned Czech second seed Jiri Lehecka with a 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (9/7) victory to reach the Queen's Club quarter-finals on Thursday.
Hijikata is ranked 92 places below Lehecka, but he shrugged off that vast gap with a vibrant display at the Wimbledon warm-up event in west London.
World number 12 Lehecka finished as Queen's runner-up last year and is regarded as an emerging force on the ATP Tour.
Despite losing the first set, Hijikata battled back by taking the second set and clinched his memorable success in a tense final set tie-break.
The 25-year-old is into the quarter-finals of the grass-court tournament for the second time after his run in 2024 when he was also a qualifier.
"It was all pretty difficult. I went down an early break in both the first and second sets," Hijikata said.
"He didn't make life easy. It was a tough match all the way through and then at the end, there was only a point or two difference."
The world number 104 will meet France's Ugo Humbert or Serbia's Hamad Medjedovic in the last eight.
Tommy Paul moved into the quarter-finals, beating Botic van de Zandschulp 7-6 (7/5), 6-3 as the American chases his second Queen's title.
Paul, seeded eighth, is undefeated in his last seven matches at Queen's since losing to Francisco Cerundolo in 2023.
The 29-year-old, who won the Queen's crown in 2024 and missed last year's event through injury, is bidding to join an exclusive club of Americans.
John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, Pete Sampras and Andy Roddick are the only other multiple title winners at Queen's in the Open era.
"The beginning of the match he came out firing. I just told myself to stick around. The level got really high in the first set," said Paul, ranked 28th in the world.
"I was zero and two against him before this match. I definitely knew it was going to be a tough one so it was really nice to get the win today."
Corentin Moutet courted more controversy on the Andy Murray Arena in a 6-4, 6-3 defeat by Alejandro Davidovich Fokina.
The 27-year-old Frenchman had created a stir by swearing repeatedly during a live courtside television interview after his first round win over Giovanni Mpetshi Perricard.
During his loss to Davidovich Fokina, Moutet slipped on the court and then angrily slammed his racket into the surface.
Moutet aimed some colourful language in French towards his coaching team and hit a ball out of the stadium after losing match point.
Spanish fourth seed Davidovich Fokina faces Paul in Friday's quarter-finals.
I.Saadi--SF-PST