-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
Frustrated McIlroy drops F-bomb in exchange with PGA heckler
Rory McIlroy yelled an obscenity at a heckler who disturbed his shotmaking at a crucial moment in Sunday's final round of the PGA Championship.
The heckler struck while McIlroy was in his backswing on a chip shot from the rough at the par-five 16th hole and as a result his ball plunked into a greenside bunker.
McIlroy used an expletive as he told the fan to "shut up" and, according to multiple reports, asked security to have the heckler removed from the grounds at Aronimink.
The incident echoed McIlroy's turbulent Ryder Cup campaign last year, when he was targeted for relentless abuse by hecklers during Europe's victory at Bethpage Black.
World number two McIlroy blasted out of the sand to within five feet of the hole and sank his par putt at 16, but a crucial birdie opportunity went by the wayside.
McIlroy, who won his sixth major title last month at the Masters, closed with two more pars to fire a one-under par 69 and finish on four-under 276 for 72 holes.
That was five strokes adrift of winner Aaron Rai of England, who birdied for of the last holes -- including 16 -- to shoot a 65.
McIlroy said after the round that he will not compete again until the PGA Tour Memorial tournament in three weeks, a tuneup for next month's US Open at Shinnecock.
McIlroy said a key to his defeat was settling for pars on the par-five ninth and 16th holes and making a bogey at the driveable par-four 13th.
"I felt like I played the golf I needed to play the rest of the way," McIlroy said. "If I birdied the two par-fives and turned that five into a three on 13, the day looks very different."
C.Hamad--SF-PST