-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
Brazil renew Ancelotti contract until 2030
Carlo Ancelotti will remain the coach of Brazil until 2030, the country's football federation (CBF) said on Thursday in a vote of confidence as the storied football nation aims to turn around its World Cup woes.
The contract renewal will put the 66-year-old Italian at the helm of the team "until the 2030 World Cup," the CBF said in a statement.
Ancelotti took over as Brazil coach last year and oversaw the five-time world champions' successful qualification for the World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico, running between June 11 and July 19.
"From the very first minute, I understood what football means to this country. For the past year, we have been working to lead the Brazilian national team back to the very top of the world stage," Ancelotti said in the statement.
The former Real Madrid, AC Milan and Chelsea coach said he wanted "more victories, more time, more work".
Brazil are the first national team he has coached.
"Ancelotti's resume and career speak for themselves. But beyond that, he is a fantastic human being. We are extremely satisfied," CBF vice-president Gustavo Dias said Thursday.
- An eye on a sixth title -
CBF president Samir Xaud said the renewal was part of efforts to "keep Brazil at the highest level of world football".
Ancelotti was appointed to turn around a struggling team, with the Selecao left red-faced after being eliminated in the quarter-finals of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
The last time the team made it to the semi-final was in 2014 when the host nation suffered a humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany -- a collapse which remains a national trauma for football fans.
Prior to Ancelotti's appointment, Brazil had cycled through three different head coaches since the departure of Tite following the 2022 World Cup.
He is also the first foreigner to manage the Selecao since the brief tenure of the Argentine Filpo Nunez in 1965.
Since Ancelotti took charge, Brazil have played ten matches, recording five wins, two draws, and three defeats -- including a 2-1 loss to France in March.
Ancelotti is due to announce his final squad for the tournament on May 18, before Brazil play a warm-up match against Panama at the Maracana Stadium on May 31.
Mystery remains over whether he will call up controversial forward Neymar, who has not played for Brazil since 2023 due to a serious knee injury.
The Brazilians will be based in New Jersey during the World Cup, and face Morocco, Scotland and Haiti in Group C.
R.AbuNasser--SF-PST