-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
Slot has 'every reason to believe' he will remain as Liverpool boss
Arne Slot dismissed speculation over his future as Liverpool manager on Thursday, despite a disappointing campaign, with the Dutchman already involved in planning for next season.
Liverpool sit fourth in the Premier League, 20 points adrift of leaders Arsenal, just a year on from winning the title in Slot's first season in charge.
The Reds splashed out a record £450 million ($609 million) on new players last summerm but that investment has so far reaped little reward.
Injuries to key players have hampered Slot all season, while the club has also had to come to terms with the death of Diogo Jota in a car accident in July.
"I don't think I am deciding that alone but I have every reason to believe I am the Liverpool manager next season," said Slot at his pre-match press conference ahead of Friday's trip to Aston Villa.
"First of all I am contracted to the club and second of all from all the talks we are having. That is my take on it."
A place in the top five will secure Champions League qualification and Liverpool have a four-point cushion over sixth-placed Bournemouth with two games to go.
But frustration towards Slot has been growing among the Anfield crowd over recent months.
There were loud boos at full-time of last weekend's 1-1 draw against struggling Chelsea and howls of derision at his decision to replace Rio Ngumoha during that match.
"I think the world has gone to where if a manager or a club doesn't have the best season, there is always a debate. That is all around the world, not only at Liverpool. That is the new reality in football," added Slot.
"It is not up to me to judge the people who judge me. They have every right ot have their opinion."
Slot promised after the Chelsea match to provide a "different team next season" if the transfer window goes as he expects.
The former Feyenoord boss confirmed he is at the heart of the club's plans over transfers and planning for next season.
"We know where we go on tour. Plans have been made and talks have been ongoing with the club for new players and I am involved in that," said Slot.
A former Liverpool favourite Xabi Alonso had been linked as a potential successor to Slot.
However, reports this week suggest the former Bayer Leverkusen and Real Madrid coach is closer to taking over at Chelsea next season.
Slot also confirmed that Mohamed Salah will be fit to feature in a limited role for the trip to Villa.
There had been fears the Egyptian, who will leave after nine glittering years at Liverpool at the end of the season, may have played his final game for the club after suffering a hamstring injury last month.
A.AbuSaada--SF-PST