-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
Dubois climbs off the canvas to become two-time world heavyweight champion
Daniel Dubois recovered from two early knockdowns to win a second world heavyweight boxing title with an 11th-round stoppage of Fabio Wardley in a brutal all-British battle in Manchester on Saturday.
Victory meant the 28-year-old deprived World Boxing Organisation champion Wardley of his belt, with Dubois having lost the International Boxing Federation version of the title to unified champion Oleksandr Usyk at Wembley in July last year.
Wardley dropped Dubois to the canvas within barely 10 seconds of the opening bell at the Co-Op Live arena.
And in the third round Wardley, making his maiden title defence, landed a huge overhand right on Dubois, who took a knee before beating the count again.
But from then on Dubois connected with a series of crushing blows to leave Wardley's face a bloody mess and referee Howard Foster could easily have stopped the fight long before the 11th round of a scheduled 12.
Dubois, who now has a professional record of 23 wins and three defeats, with 21 knockouts, had been angered by an apparently casual comment made by Wardley in a pre-fight interview.
Wardley (21-0-1,19 KOs) said Dubois would be a "bin man" if the London heavyweight was not a boxer.
That led Dubois to respond by saying: "Well, I am going to take out the trash. I am the dustman, he is the trash, mate. I'll take out the trash."
- 'Great warrior' -
Yet he was full of respect for Wardley following Saturday's gruelling bout, with Dubois telling broadcaster DAZN: "It was a war, we went through the sticky moments. Thank you Fabio for that, thank you. I know I've got heart, bundles of heart. I'm a warrior in there."
Dubois added: "I had to pull it out the bag and rely on it and use all of my skills. What a great fight, what a great battle. But, I'm number one again.
"He (Wardley) is a durable guy, durable warrior, great warrior. Thank you for a great fight, man. It was an honour to be in the ring with you," he said before veteran promoter Frank Warren confirmed there was a rematch clause in the contract.
Dubois desperately needed a victory following a crushing defeat by Usyk -- a loss made worse after a video surfaced showing a reported "gathering" at his house just hours before the bout.
Yet it was Wardley who started the stronger.
It was far from one-way traffic, however, with Dubois drawing audible gasps from the crowd when he rocked Wardley with a colossal right in the fourth round only for the champion to demonstrate a granite chin.
But such was the onslaught from Dubois that by the sixth round Wardley's face was covered in blood from a cut to his nose, which caused the referee's shirt to turn red as well.
But the gutsy Wardley, 31, somehow made it to the end of the round and in the seventh he took more punishment from Dubois.
By the ninth round, Wardley could barely see out of his right eye and his head was swollen, yet still the fight continued.
It seemed only a matter of time before the bout was stopped, with Wardley's face a grotesque sight, yet his corner still refused to pull him out and Foster let him box on before belatedly calling a halt to the contest.
M.Qasim--SF-PST