-
Man City snatch late win in Maresca debut, Iraola's Liverpool rescue dramatic draw
-
Szoboszlai's last-gasp leveller rescues Liverpool in Newcastle draw
-
Trump takes starring role at Washington's IndyCar debut
-
Landfill collapse kills 30 in Guinea
-
Villa boss Emery says it's down to Watkins to explain absence
-
'Unbelievable' Cherki proves his point to Man City boss Maresca
-
Duplantis labours to 'super difficult' pole vault win at Silesia Diamond League
-
10-man Atletico snatch Villarreal draw as Alvarez returns
-
Max smash at zany Zandvoort: Three stories from the Dutch GP
-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
Smith stays silent on report he's heading for LIV Golf
British Open winner Cameron Smith of Australia stayed silent Tuesday on reports he will jump from the US PGA Tour to the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series.
World number two Smith spoke on other topics in Memphis at the St. Jude Championship, the opening FedEx Cup playoff event that tees off Thursday at TPC Southwind.
But asked about reports that fellow Aussie Cameron Percy had said both Smith and Australian Marc Leishman were making the move, Smith kept his focus on the playoff chase.
"My goal here is to win the FedExCup playoffs. That's all I'm here for," Smith said. "If there's something I need to say regarding the PGA Tour or LIV, it will come from Cameron Smith, not Cameron Percy.
"I'm a man of my word and whenever you guys need to know anything, it'll be said by me."
Another report that Smith had already signed his deal with LIV drew more talk about something else.
"I have no comment to that," Smith said. "Like I said, I'm here to play the FedEx Cup playoffs. That has been my focus the last week and a half, that's what I'm here to do."
Smith said he intends to play in next month's Presidents Cup, when a group of non-European Internationals will face the United States at Quail Hollow in a PGA Tour-organized event.
"Absolutely, yeah. That's something that we've been looking forward to for the last three years," Smith said. "We missed a year because of Covid and that's something that I look forward to being a part of."
That event comes after LIV Golf events in Boston and Chicago next month, events Smith couldn't play without being banned by the PGA and unable to compete in the team event.
"I'm here to win the FedEx Cup playoffs," Smith repeated when asked if playing for the Internationals meant he wasn't playing those LIV events. "That's my priority."
K.Hassan--SF-PST