-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
Saudi to end LIV Golf funding this year: reports
Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund will stop financing LIV Golf at the end of the 2026 season, throwing the future of the breakaway tour into serious doubt, US media reported Wednesday.
LIV Golf, founded in 2022 as a main rival to the PGA Tour, plans to inform staff and players on Thursday that the Saudi Public Investment Fund will no longer bankroll the circuit beyond this summer, the Wall Street Journal said.
The league, which spent billions of Saudi dollars to lure many of the world's top players including Bryson DeChambeau and Phil Mickelson, will "evaluate strategic alternatives" to continue operating, CNBC reported.
Both the Wall Street Journal and CNBC cited multiple anonymous sources. LIV Golf did not comment when repeatedly contacted by AFP.
Reports first emerged earlier this month that the breakaway tour was on the verge of collapse due to the possible withdrawal of Saudi financing.
LIV's deep-pocketed backers in Riyadh were rumored to have cooled on the extravagantly expensive project, which has reportedly cost them over $5 billion so far.
LIV Golf CEO Scott O'Neil refuted the reports, vowing to continue the season "full throttle," though he conceded the league would "probably" have to raise money going forward.
A collapse of LIV Golf could jeopardize the careers and earnings of its star players.
The likes of DeChambeau defected from the PGA Tour in acrimonious circumstances, and may face severe penalties if they try to return.
"There were rules, and they were broken," PGA Tour chief executive Brian Rolapp told the Journal this week. "With rules comes accountability."
LIV Golf this week postponed its planned June tournament in New Orleans on Tuesday, with officials saying they hope to reschedule an event for later this year.
LIV's next tournament is set for May 7-10 at Trump National in suburban Washington.
Its final scheduled tournament this season is set to take place in Indianapolis from August 20-23.
H.Jarrar--SF-PST