-
Man City snatch late win in Maresca debut, Iraola's Liverpool rescue dramatic draw
-
Szoboszlai's last-gasp leveller rescues Liverpool in Newcastle draw
-
Trump takes starring role at Washington's IndyCar debut
-
Landfill collapse kills 30 in Guinea
-
Villa boss Emery says it's down to Watkins to explain absence
-
'Unbelievable' Cherki proves his point to Man City boss Maresca
-
Duplantis labours to 'super difficult' pole vault win at Silesia Diamond League
-
10-man Atletico snatch Villarreal draw as Alvarez returns
-
Max smash at zany Zandvoort: Three stories from the Dutch GP
-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
Dortmund sign Cologne striker Modeste as Haller replacement
Borussia Dortmund on Sunday confirmed the signing of veteran Cologne striker Anthony Modeste on a one-year deal as a replacement for Sebastien Haller, who is undergoing treatment for testicular cancer.
Dortmund made an offer to Cologne for the 34-year-old French striker over the weekend after agreeing personal terms.
German media reports Dortmund will pay Cologne around five million euros ($5.1 million) for Modeste.
Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl said on Sunday afternoon the deal had been done, pending a medical.
"We've reached a verbal agreement in principle with 1. FC Cologne for the transfer of forward Anthony Modeste to BVB."
"But the medical is still pending, as is the clarification of the contractual details. As it stands, we therefore cannot announce the completion of the deal."
Dortmund were on the lookout for someone to lead the line this season after Haller was ruled out for an indefinite period after being diagnosed last month with a malignant tumour.
He has since had surgery but will be out of action for at least several months.
Haller arrived from Ajax over the summer to replace Manchester City-bound Erling Haaland.
Several high-profile forwards were considered for the job including Memphis Depay, Mauro Icardi, Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez, however Dortmund went for Modeste due to his familiarity with the Bundesliga.
Dortmund opened their 2022-23 season with a 1-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
G.AbuOdeh--SF-PST