-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
Sinner keeps run going by crushing Humbert in Monte Carlo
World No. 2 Jannik Sinner cruised past Ugo Humbert 6-3, 6-0 on Tuesday in the second round of the Monte-Carlo Masters.
Following his impressive "Sunshine Double" in March at the Indian Wells and Miami Masters 1000 tournaments, winning the two titles without dropping a set, the 24-year-old Italian made a flawless start to the season's first clay court event.
Imperious on hard courts, Sinner is still seeking a major title on this surface, although he came close last year when he led by two sets and had three championship points before losing a five-hour, five-set, French Open final to Carlos Alcaraz.
"It was a good performance from my side," Sinner said adding the first clay event "is never easy".
"You have to change your game style a little bit, how you approach certain situations," he said.
"I come here with good feelings but, at the same time, not many expectations."
Against the Frenchman Humbert, whom he had faced only twice, the last time five years ago, Sinner took a few games to find his rhythm.
The Italian broke his opponent's serve in the fifth game before holding to love and taking a 4-2 lead.
Humbert saved a double break point, but eventually lost his serve again and the first set 6-3.
The second set was a one-way affair. The Italian did not concede a single game to the Frenchman, sweeping him aside 6-0 in 23 minutes.
Sinner will face Argentine Francisco Cerundolo in the next round.
The Italian took his run of wins in 1000 events to 18 matches. He is in contention to reclaim the No. 1 spot in the rankings from defending champion Alcaraz, who followed Sinner onto court against Argentine Sebastian Baez.
In first round action on Tuesday, Italian 15th seed Luciano Dardei collapsed in the third set against Hubert Hurkacz. The Polish veteran won 7-5 (7/4), 5-7, 6-1.
E.Aziz--SF-PST