-
Man City snatch late win in Maresca debut, Iraola's Liverpool rescue dramatic draw
-
Szoboszlai's last-gasp leveller rescues Liverpool in Newcastle draw
-
Trump takes starring role at Washington's IndyCar debut
-
Landfill collapse kills 30 in Guinea
-
Villa boss Emery says it's down to Watkins to explain absence
-
'Unbelievable' Cherki proves his point to Man City boss Maresca
-
Duplantis labours to 'super difficult' pole vault win at Silesia Diamond League
-
10-man Atletico snatch Villarreal draw as Alvarez returns
-
Max smash at zany Zandvoort: Three stories from the Dutch GP
-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
PSG seal teen Dro signing from upset Barca
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the signing of teenage talent Dro Fernandez from Barcelona on Monday, with the Catalan giants' president Joan Laporta left upset over what he said was an "unpleasant" situation.
Barca chief Laporta explained Dro had previously agreed a new deal with the Catalan giants but decided to depart instead.
"Paris Saint-Germain are delighted to announce the signing of Dro Fernandez," wrote Ligue 1 champions PSG in a statement.
"The 18-year-old Spanish midfielder, who will wear the number 27, has signed a contract that will keep him in the French capital until 2030, in a move that is fully in line with the club's sporting strategy and its strong focus on youth and talent."
PSG did not state how much they paid for Dro but Spanish media reported they spent slightly more than his six-million-euro ($7 million) release clause as a goodwill gesture, citing a figure of 8.2 million euros.
"It has been an unpleasant situation," Laporta told Catalunya Radio late on Sunday ahead of Dro's move.
"It came as a surprise because we had agreed on a different solution for when he turned 18.
"Surprisingly, his representative told us he couldn't follow through on what we'd agreed to."
Dro, who is from Galicia in Spain's northwest, joined Barcelona's La Masia youth academy, considered the best in the world, in 2022 and made eight appearances for the club.
"After nearly four unforgettable seasons, today I have to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life: saying goodbye to the club that has been my home in recent years," said Dro on Instagram.
Earlier in January, Barca coach Hansi Flick showed his disappointment at Dro's decision to leave.
"What I want to say to the young players from La Masia, is we are Barca and one of the best teams in the world," said the German coach, who handed Dro his debut in September 2025.
"We give them the opportunity to train with us, to grow, every day, with the best players in the world. We give them the opportunity, we give them the support, believe in them, the confidence.
"If you want to play for Barca, then (do it) 100 percent with your whole heart. This is what I want to say to everyone who is now with us, or in the future with us, this must be 100 percent.
"These colours, you have to live for them, this is what I want to see. All the others I don't want, this is what I can say."
L.AbuTayeh--SF-PST