-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
De Kock warns multi-format cricketers could be on way out
Quinton de Kock believes it will become increasingly difficult for leading cricketers to play all three main formats, although he remains confident about the future for one-day internationals.
The South Africa wicketkeeper-batsman, who made a fine unbeaten 92 before the third ODI against England at Headingley on Sunday was washed out, ended his Test career late last year, shortly before becoming a father for the first time.
Questions regarding a congested global schedule were raised again after the ODI retirement of England all-rounder Ben Stokes following the first match of this series at the 2019 World Cup final star's Chester-le-Street home ground.
De Kock, speaking after Sunday's rain in Leeds meant a three-game contest ended in a 1-1 draw, told reporters: "It's going to start being tough for players -- three formats is a lot and it looks like more games are happening over the calendar.
"Players need to make decisions individually and if they feel they can do it (play Tests, ODIs and Twenty20 internationals), I am happy for them," the 29-year-old added.
"But guys need to take decisions into their own hands. For me, I am happy where I am."
De Kock though stressed curtailing a 54-match Test career had yet to have the desired effect.
Although he had two months off after returning from paternity leave to play in South Africa's white-ball matches against India in January ahead of the series against Bangladesh, he has been on the go playing cricket ever since.
De Kock featured for the Lucknow Super Giants in the Indian Premier League before the tour of England, which also includes several further T20 internationals.
He will then remain in England to play in the Hundred before heading to the Caribbean Premier League prior to another white-ball series in India which precedes the T20 World Cup in Australia.
- 'Sacrifice' -
"It (retiring from Tests) hasn't freed up my calendar -- at least not this year," said De Kock.
"I've been roped in to play a couple of leagues but that's my own consequence.
"I am happy to do it. It's still a sacrifice but I'm slowly getting to an age where I need to think about where I want to be in my career."
South Africa have never won a 50-over World Cup -- something they will try to put right in India next year -- with De Kock insisting: "The (ODI) game is doing well for itself with the way players are going about it and from a batting and bowling competitiveness.
"There's a future for it and a lot of us still want to win 50-over World Cups."
De Kock was just shy of what would have been his 18th ODI century, with the opener 92 not out off 76 balls, including 13 fours, when rain eventually ended play with South Africa 159-2 off 27.4 overs.
"I think obviously it's nice going out there and scoring runs for the guys," he said.
England captain Jos Buttler was left frustrated by a gruelling schedule, as much as the bad weather.
The 50-over world champions are currently nine games into a hectic period of 12 white-ball fixtures in 24 days, with just a solitary training day in that time.
Buttler, who recently succeeded Eoin Morgan as England's limited-overs captain following the 2019 World Cup-winning skipper's international retirement, said: "It's tough.
"To get the highest standard of cricket possible, you need to prepare properly. Hopefully that's something we can look at going forward.
He added: "That's been a frustration to be truthfully honest -- it would be nice to have that time to do the work."
P.Tamimi--SF-PST