-
Macron hosts Saudi crown prince for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Swiss forward Embolo joins Atlanta United
-
Jamieson gets Trump call after ending 14-year golf title drought
-
Former cricket captains appeal to Pakistan over Khan health care
-
Norwegian King Harald's health has 'deteriorated': palace
-
Latest 'Spider-Man' tops American box office for 4th weekend
-
Man City snatch late win in Maresca debut, Iraola's Liverpool rescue dramatic draw
-
Szoboszlai's last-gasp leveller rescues Liverpool in Newcastle draw
-
Trump takes starring role at Washington's IndyCar debut
-
Landfill collapse kills 30 in Guinea
-
Villa boss Emery says it's down to Watkins to explain absence
-
'Unbelievable' Cherki proves his point to Man City boss Maresca
-
Duplantis labours to 'super difficult' pole vault win at Silesia Diamond League
-
10-man Atletico snatch Villarreal draw as Alvarez returns
-
Max smash at zany Zandvoort: Three stories from the Dutch GP
-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
France set to face New Zealand with second-string squad
France are set to be without a host of their first-choice players for their Nations Championship opener with New Zealand, after the French Rugby Federation (FFR) and the French rugby league (LNR) announced an agreement on Tuesday.
Fabien Galthie's Les Bleus face the All Blacks in Christchurch on July 4 but the head coach will be unable to select individuals involved in the French Top 14 final, held a week earlier in Paris.
Galthie will then be able to select who he wishes for the second round game with Australia but will have to reach a case-by-case agreement with clubs.
Antoine Dupont's Toulouse lead the table after 14 rounds of the regular season with the likes of Louis Bielle-Biarrey's Bordeaux-Begles, Pau and Stade Francais also contenders to reach the decider on July 27.
Former France captain Galthie also took a second-string side to face the All Blacks last season, suffering the three-Test series whitewash.
The FFR and the LNR, who run the Top 14, said the player release deal will run until 2031 and is set to be ratified at both bodies' annual meetings on February 4.
"It's the right compromise to be able to have the best league in the world and the France national team in a position to win a Rugby World Cup," the two said.
"It's a principle of intelligence and co-operation between the France coaches and the club coaches," they added.
Galthie will be able to name squads of 42 players for each tournament, including the upcoming Six Nations, but with new restrictions including a maximum amount of individuals from one club in his extended set-up.
France begin the defence of their Six Nations title on February 5.
G.AbuHamad--SF-PST