-
Macron hosts Saudi crown prince for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Swiss forward Embolo joins Atlanta United
-
Jamieson gets Trump call after ending 14-year golf title drought
-
Former cricket captains appeal to Pakistan over Khan health care
-
Norwegian King Harald's health has 'deteriorated': palace
-
Latest 'Spider-Man' tops American box office for 4th weekend
-
Man City snatch late win in Maresca debut, Iraola's Liverpool rescue dramatic draw
-
Szoboszlai's last-gasp leveller rescues Liverpool in Newcastle draw
-
Trump takes starring role at Washington's IndyCar debut
-
Landfill collapse kills 30 in Guinea
-
Villa boss Emery says it's down to Watkins to explain absence
-
'Unbelievable' Cherki proves his point to Man City boss Maresca
-
Duplantis labours to 'super difficult' pole vault win at Silesia Diamond League
-
10-man Atletico snatch Villarreal draw as Alvarez returns
-
Max smash at zany Zandvoort: Three stories from the Dutch GP
-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
Djokovic fancies chances in Melbourne despite 'missing a bit of juice'
Novak Djokovic said Saturday he likes his chances at the Australian Open despite "missing a bit of juice" in the legs, declaring he can still beat anyone on his day.
The Serbian great, 38, is targeting a record-extending 11th title in Melbourne and elusive 25th major crown.
To do so he must get past Jannik Sinner and Carlos Alcaraz, who have shared the last eight Grand Slam titles since Djokovic won his 24th major at the 2023 US Open.
The former number one made the semis at all four majors last year and still has belief that he can take down the big two.
"Look, I know that when I'm healthy, when I'm able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together on a given day, I feel like I can beat anybody," he said on the eve of the tournament.
"If I don't have that self-belief and confidence in myself I wouldn't be sitting here and talking to you guys or competing.
"I still have the drive and of course I understand that Sinner and Alcaraz are playing on a different level right now from everybody else.
"That's a fact, but that doesn't mean that nobody else has a chance. So I like my chances always in any tournament, particularly here."
Should he upset the odds, Djokovic would finally move clear of Australia's Margaret Court to stand alone with a record number of Slam titles.
He has been trying to do so for more than two years, but said it was something he did not want to dwell on.
"There has been a lot of talk about the 25th, but I try to focus myself on what I have achieved, not what I'm possibly achieving. I mean, I hope it comes to that, but 24 is also not a bad number," he said.
"I have to appreciate that and remind myself of the amazing career I had. And also release some of that unnecessary pressure."
The world number four has not played a tour match since he defeated Lorenzo Musetti in the Athens final in early November.
He pulled out of the Adelaide International this month with what he called "a little setback", and acknowledged he was not the physical specimen he used to be.
"I'm missing a little bit of juice in my legs, to be honest, to be able to compete with these guys at the later stages of a Grand Slam," he said.
"But I'm definitely giving my best as I have in 2025... I'm still trying to be in the mix.
"I would love to have a chance to fight with one of those, or maybe both, of these guys here. Let's see if that happens."
He begins his campaign in Melbourne on Monday against 71st-ranked Spaniard Pedro Martinez.
I.Matar--SF-PST