
-
Red Cross says number of missing people surging
-
Stock markets retreat as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Tuchel apologised to Bellingham over 'repulsive' blast
-
Garnacho arrives at Chelsea as £40 m move from Man Utd moves closer
-
Iran has executed at least 841 people this year: UN
-
'Sometimes I want to quit' says troubled Man Utd boss Amorim
-
German neo-Nazi heads for women's jail after gender change
-
Crystal Palace to face Dynamo Kyiv, Strasbourg in Conference League
-
Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India
-
Europa League draw throws up Forest rematch with Malmo
-
Rooney reckons 'something is broken' at Amorim's Man Utd
-
McLaren set pace in first practice at Dutch Grand Prix
-
'Money': Bayern's Kompany laments Premier League spending power
-
Alexander-Arnold dropped by England for World Cup qualifiers
-
Julia Roberts looks to 'stir it up' with cancel culture film at Venice
-
European stocks retreat before US inflation data
-
Howe vows Newcastle won't make 'poor' transfer decisions
-
Max Verstappen: fan favourite but -- for once -- not race favourite
-
Austria orders YouTube to give users access to their data
-
Labubu fans flock to stores after launch of mini dolls
-
Italy's Meloni slams photo sharing in lewd sites scandal
-
Swiss economic outlook 'dampened' by US tariffs: key barometer
-
Tukuafu returns for women's rugby world champions New Zealand against Japan
-
Israel army says Gaza City now 'a dangerous combat zone'
-
Trump son hypes bitcoin on Hong Kong leg of Asia trip
-
Paetongtarn Shinawatra: glamorous Thai PM felled by Cambodia row
-
Park Chan-wook, master of black comedy, returns to Venice
-
Mourinho sacked by Fenerbahce after Champions League exit
-
German unemployment tops 3 million, highest for a decade
-
Thai court sacks PM over Cambodia phone call row
-
Turkey says Russia scales back Ukraine territorial demands
-
South Korea's ex-first lady indicted for bribery
-
Lay off our eggs market, French producers tell Ukraine
-
Modi says India, Japan to 'shape the Asian century'
-
Hope and hate: how migrant influx has changed Germany
-
Outdoor athletics season should be longer, says Coe
-
Russian composer Rodion Shchedrin dies aged 92: Bolshoi
-
Thai court to rule on PM's fate after Cambodia phone call row
-
Last French survivor of key WWII desert battle dies aged 103
-
NZ police say CCTV shows father on the run for four years
-
Vandalism hobbles Nigeria's mobile telephone services
-
Indonesia leader orders investigation into driver's protest death
-
At 81, DJ Gloria fills Sweden's dancefloors
-
Japan seeks record defence budget, to triple drone spending
-
Late-night Paul battles through at US Open in 1:46 am finish
-
Jury finds Australian croc wrangler lied about air crash
-
Mistrust undermines Ivory Coast's universal healthcare dream
-
Sinner on the march as Swiatek, tearful Gauff toil at US Open
-
Australian police urge gunman to surrender after officers killed
-
Nanjing massacre film set becomes China school holiday hotspot

Leclerc says will fight but 'cannot do miracles' for Ferrari
Charles Leclerc said he will fight as much as he can to win Sunday's Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in Ferrari's Italian heartland but warned he cannot perform miracles.
Speaking after qualifying 11th on the grid, one place ahead of team-mate and seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton, the Monegasque driver admitted that his car lacked pace and potential.
While Oscar Piastri maintained his consistent demonstration of speed by claiming his third pole of the year ahead of four-time champion Max Verstappen of Red Bull, the Ferraris laboured and were pushed out of the top ten by both Aston Martins.
"You can always do more with a lap and improve a few things," said Leclerc. "But we are just P-nowhere. There's not enough performance in the car and I keep repeating myself.
"There's not the potential that I would hope for in the car at the moment and we need to be better."
Leclerc claimed Ferrari's sole podium earlier this year but has been unable to sustain a challenge while Hamilton, the team's marquee signing, has failed to adapt and shine.
Leclerc said Ferrari had discussed following the example of Aston Martin and swapping the unpredictable new 'super-soft' C6 tyres supplied by Pirelli, for the 'mediums', but rejected that idea.
"We discussed it, but it wasn't on the cards for us and not something we considered seriously. Congrats to Aston Martin – they are doing good lap times and even with the C6 they were fast."
Looking ahead, he said: "I can fight as much as I want, but I cannot do miracles. This is what there is in the car and I am trying to extract the maximum from it."
Both Leclerc and Hamilton will start from the sixth row on Sunday.
"It's a tough one," said a philosophical Hamilton.
"Ultimately, I feel super gutted and I'm devastated that we weren't able to get through. I feel like we made so many positive steps and the car is generally feeling better, the brakes are better and the balance is nice.
"But where we put the new tyres on in Q2, for some reason, it just didn't have any grip and I couldn't go any faster.
"It's devastating to see everyone working so hard in the garage and to be in Italy for the first Italian race, and for me at Ferrari, and not making it – it's definitely bitter-sweet."
R.Shaban--SF-PST