
-
'Trans' neo-Nazi shakes up gender debate in Germany
-
Tiafoe bounced out in US Open third round
-
Argentina police carry out raids in Milei sister graft probe
-
Maresca won't ban Chelsea players from social media
-
US Spirit Airlines files for bankruptcy again
-
Amorim expects to stay at Man Utd as pressure mounts
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, injured Shelton exits
-
Mussolini's great grandson hails winning Serie A debut with table-toppers Cremonese
-
Shelton quits US Open with shoulder injury
-
In whirlwind tour, Qatari royal commits $70bn to southern Africa
-
St Pauli upstage Hamburg in derby return
-
Trump moves to cut more foreign aid, risking shutdown
-
France, Germany up pressure on Putin over Ukraine-Russia talks
-
Hearing ends without ruling on Trump attempt to oust Fed Governor Cook
-
Controversial coach boosting Rybakina at US Open
-
Europeans tell Iran offer on table to avoid sanctions
-
FA Cup-holders Palace sign Spain winger Pino
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, Rybakina advances
-
Alcaraz mows down Darderi to reach US Open last 16
-
Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump
-
Schwarber hits historic four homers but misses rare shot at five
-
Injury doubt Tonali picked by Gattuso for Italy's World Cup qualifiers
-
Spurs sign Dutch midfielder Simons in boost for new boss Frank
-
Rybakina routs Raducanu to advance at US Open
-
US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama
-
Martin says Rangers remain supportive despite woeful start
-
France, Germany vow to up pressure on 'ogre' Putin
-
Stocks slide as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Smog then floods: Pakistani families 'can't catch a break'
-
US to refuse visas to Palestinian officials at UN summit on state
-
Ayuso triumphs in Vuelta stage seven, Traen keeps red jersey
-
Goalkeepers still posing problems for Man City boss Guardiola
-
Turkey bars Israeli ships, flights from its territory
-
Forest boss Nuno plans Marinakis talks after transfer issues
-
Putin will have 'played' Trump if he refuses to meet Zelensky: Macron
-
Norris sets early pace at Dutch Grand Prix practice
-
Bargell tackles medical challenge and starts for US at Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Vardy in talks to sign for Serie A outfit Cremonese: source
-
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
-
Arteta concerned by Saka injuries after latest hamstring blow
-
Red Cross says number of missing people surging
-
Stock markets retreat as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Tuchel apologised to Bellingham over 'repulsive' blast
-
Garnacho arrives at Chelsea as £40 m move from Man Utd moves closer
-
Iran has executed at least 841 people this year: UN
-
'Sometimes I want to quit' says troubled Man Utd boss Amorim
-
German neo-Nazi heads for women's jail after gender change
-
Crystal Palace to face Dynamo Kyiv, Strasbourg in Conference League
-
Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India
-
Europa League draw throws up Forest rematch with Malmo

Masters champion McIlroy to headline Australian Open
Masters champion Rory McIlroy will play in the Australian Open for the next two years, the world number two said Wednesday, ending a long absence from the tournament.
The Northern Irishman became just the sixth golfer to complete a career grand slam of all four majors with his dramatic play-off win at Augusta last month.
On the eve of the second major of the year, the US PGA Championship at Quail Hollow, McIlroy announced he will tee up in the Australian Open from December 4-7 this year at the world-renowned Royal Melbourne course.
The 36-year-old will return to Australia in 2026 when the prestigious event moves to the nearby Kingston Heath course.
"I'm proud to be committing to the Australian Open for the next two years, especially with it being played on the world-class Melbourne Sandbelt, somewhere I've always wanted to play professionally," McIlroy said.
The success of the 121-year-old tournament is "important for the global game", he said.
"Melbourne is known for being one of the world's great sporting cities and I can’t wait to be part of that atmosphere and soak in everything it has to offer, both on and off the course."
His appearance will end an 11-year absence from the tournament he won in 2013.
Australian tournament officials are also hopeful of luring home PGA Tour winner Min Woo Lee, as well as major champions Cameron Smith and Adam Scott.
"Rory McIlroy, one of the best to ever play our game, playing on the world-renowned Melbourne Sandbelt, is a mouth-watering proposition for golf fans," Golf Australia chief executive James Sutherland said in a statement.
At the Masters last month, McIlroy ended a majors win drought stretching back to 2014.
Augusta National had been the only major missing from McIlroy's collection, having claimed the US Open in 2011, the Open Championship in 2014 and the PGA Championship in 2012 and 2014.
L.Hussein--SF-PST