-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
Alexander-Arnold fit for Liverpool's quadruple quest
Liverpool's push for a historic quadruple has been given a boost by the return of Trent Alexander-Arnold after the influential right-back missed England's friendlies with a hamstring injury.
It had been feared Alexander-Arnold's injury could keep him out of next weekend's crucial Premier League visit to Manchester City, as well as the FA Cup semi-final against City and the Champions League quarter-final with Benfica.
However, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp confirmed the 23-year-old could return as soon as struggling Watford's trip to Anfield on Saturday.
Liverpool trail City by just a point at the top of the Premier League and have already lifted one trophy this season with the League Cup in February.
Alexander-Arnold has been key to that success, already registering a career-high 17 assists this season.
Klopp also dismissed the suggestion he had deliberately held the player back from England's recent matches against Switzerland and Ivory Coast to keep him fresh for the final two months of the season.
"Trent wanted to go to the national team, just to make sure that everybody (is aware) but he couldn't," said Klopp told reporters on Friday.
"You can see the scans, with these pictures you cannot go anywhere. But sometimes injuries, thank God, are not that serious that you are out for five or six weeks; sometimes it's two weeks and that's the case with Trent.
"It will be tight for tomorrow but it's possible after all I hear. Physically, he should be fine, now I have to make the decision about rhythm and these kinds of things."
Fears of injuries due to the demands on top players fuelled Klopp's campaign for the Premier League to fall in line with Europe's other major leagues and allow five substitutions per side.
Two years later, England's top-flight clubs belatedly agreed to that rule change on Thursday, which will come into force for the 2022/23 season.
"It is top news for football and top news for the players," added Klopp.
"We have all spoken about it, that the games won't get less.
"With all the things we know, we try to help the players as much as we can but the games are always the most intense and everything we could do we should do."
Z.Ramadan--SF-PST