-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
NFL stars on the move: Ryan to Colts, Mariota to Atlanta
NFL star quarterbacks finalized 2022 contracts on Monday, with Matt Ryan going from Atlanta to Indianapolis, Marcus Mariota replacing him with the Falcons and Jameis Winston re-signing with New Orleans.
Indianapolis traded quarterback Carson Wentz to Washington earlier in the off-season, creating a need the Colts filled by sending Atlanta a third-round NFL Draft pick for Ryan.
"Got him. Welcome to Indy, M_Ryan02," the Colts tweeted to confirm reports of the move.
The Colts, who had the most payroll room remaining under NFL salary cap rules, will pay $451.8 million for the final two years on Ryan's contract.
In 14 NFL seasons, all with Atlanta, the 36-year-old passer completed 5,242 throws in 8,003 attempts for 59,735 yards and 367 touchdowns with 170 interceptions.
Ryan, who went 120-102 with Atlanta, led the Falcons to the playoffs six times and was named the NFL Most Valuable Player in the 2016 season, when Atlanta went to the Super Bowl and led 28-3 only to lose 34-28 to the New England Patriots.
The Falcons will take a $40 million salary cap hit this season but open significant payroll room for 2023 and beyond.
Atlanta then agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Mariota, who worked in Tennessee with Falcons' head coach Arthur Smith, a former Titans offensive coordinator coming off a 7-10 first season with the Falcons.
Mariota, 28, was the second overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft by Tennessee and spent five seasons with the Titans before joining Las Vegas for the past two campaigns as a run-pass threat and backup to Derek Carr.
Mariota, of Samoan and German heritage, went 29-32 as a starter for Tennessee and has completed 62.8% of his passes for 13,437 yards with 77 touchdowns and 45 interceptions while rushing for 1,574 yards and 13 touchdowns.
One signal caller who will not be changing uniforms is Winston, who signed a two-year free agent deal worth $28 million, 75% of it guaranteed, to stay in New Orleans.
The Saints were among the clubs who failed to land former Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, who was traded to the Cleveland Browns last Friday.
Winston returns to the Saints for a third consecutive campaign after playing his first five NFL seasons with Tampa Bay, which drafted him first overall in 2015, just ahead of Mariota.
He became expendable with the arrival of Tom Brady, who has come out of retirement to return to the Buccaneers for the 2022 season.
Winston was a backup to Drew Brees in 2020 and replaced the retired star passer in 2021, going 5-2 as a starter with 1,170 yards and 14 touchdowns and only three interceptions before a knee injury ended his season.
A.AbuSaada--SF-PST