-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players amid police probe
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to power ahead in Cincinnati
-
Turkey rejects Israeli claims after strike on Syria air base
-
Israel blames Turkey after strike on Syria air base
-
Climate change main driver of European ocean warming: study
-
Trump, Carney talk as Canada seeks to hold off new US tariffs
-
Gauff finds a way into the Cincinnati fourth round
-
NASA images reveal crater left by SpaceX rocket's Moon crash
-
ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies at age 77
-
UN atomic watchdog says found tons of nuclear material at Syria site
-
Bayern's Musiala reveals 'neurological disorder' after on-field collapse
-
Ecuadoran diplomat enters race to be next UN chief
-
Angelique Kidjo immortalised on Hollywood Walk of Fame
-
US sanctions ICC chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
France to expel two Iranian diplomats: foreign minister
-
US moves to open vast tracts of pristine forests to logging
-
Spain's Granada closes iconic Alhambra as new quake hits
-
US sanctions International Criminal Court chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
Venus, Stephens, Monfils named among US Open wild cards
-
Meta hooked children and misled public: prosecutors
-
Rodri joins La Liga champions Barcelona from Manchester City
-
France's first women's rights minister Yvette Roudy dies, aged 97
-
Disney, ABC sue US regulator over threat to broadcast licenses
-
French producer Nicolas Altmayer, Dior PR chief Favier die in car crash
-
Trump, Carney hold talks as new US tariffs on Canada loom
-
Bezos consortium bought nearly 40 percent of Liverpool: report
-
Germany opens new drone research centre as security threats mount
-
Trump says no Iran talks planned, claims Hormuz 'new US territory'
-
How only a few tree species drive Amazon forest recovery
-
Canada seeks to avert new US tariffs as deadline looms
-
Ivonne A-Baki enters race to be next UN chief
-
US primaries test Democrat comeback hopes in Trump stronghold
-
Ukraine says Russian strike kills 10 in northeast region
-
Scientists discover how narwhals grow nature's only straight tusk
-
Meta in court over child social media addiction
-
DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'far from being under control': WHO chief
-
Vieira appointed Senegal head coach after World Cup disappointment
-
Firefighters in 'decisive' push to encircle Belgian wildfire
-
F1's Albon re-signs with Williams for 2027
-
Tribal Partners with ServiceNow to Empower Enterprise Teams to Build and Deploy Apps & Agents
-
Borderless.xyz Deepens Africa Coverage as CrissCross Goes Live on Its Network
-
Fusion Markets Extends Negative Balance Protection to Clients Globally
-
Pakistan court orders ex-PM Khan moved from jail to hospital
-
India close on victory in first Test against Sri Lanka
-
'Lonely place': Black UK academics slam racism after Arday's death
-
Three lightly injured as new quake hits Spain's Granada
-
UK PM says not embarrassed by hoax messages with fake Trump aide
-
Syria, US say Israel struck military air base in Idlib province
-
West Bank siege exposes Israel army inaction on settler violence
Russian strike hits missile unit outside Kyiv: AFP
A Ukrainian military factory outside Kyiv that produced missiles allegedly used to hit Russia's Moskva warship was partly destroyed by overnight Russian strikes, an AFP journalist at the scene saw Friday.
A workshop and an administrative building at the Vizar plant, in the Kyiv suburb of Vyshneve near the international Zhuliany airport, were seriously damaged.
Around 50 vehicles parked near the plant had their windows blown out.
Russia had earlier announced it had hit the factory using Kalibr sea-based long-range missiles.
The strike came a day after Ukraine claimed it had destroyed Russia's Moskva warship, which Moscow later said had sunk.
According to a statement on Ukraine's state weapons manufacturer Ukroboronprom website, the Vizar factory produced Neptune missiles.
Andrei Sizov, a 47-year-old owner of a nearby wood workshop, said the strikes came at night.
"Around 1:30 am, my security guard called me because there was an air strike," he told AFP.
"There were five hits. My employee was in the office and got thrown off his feet by the blast."
He believes Russia was taking revenge for the Moskva warship, saying: "They are making us pay for destroying the Moskva."
The governor of Ukraine's southern Odessa region, Maxim Marchenko, had said Thursday that the Ukrainian army had used Neptune missiles to strike the Moskva.
Moscow did not confirm this explanation for the sinking of its massive vessel, saying only that a fire broke out on board the 186-metre-long ship.
It said the cruiser sank during an attempt to tow it to the nearest port.
While two workers at the site of the Vizar factory told AFP the strike had not caused any casualties, Ukrainian authorities did not immediately confirm this information.
At midday on Friday, cleaners were working to clear the rubble in the partly damaged administrative wing of the building.
Russian strikes in the Kyiv region have abated since the end of March, when Moscow withdrew its troops, saying it wanted to concentrate on Ukraine's south and east.
But Russia warned Friday that it would intensify attacks on the capital after accusing Ukraine of targeting Russian border towns.
Kyiv denied this, instead alleging Russia had staged the incidents to stir up "anti-Ukrainian hysteria" in the country.
I.Saadi--SF-PST