-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, both suspects dead
-
Love, lust and gnomes as top UK flower show bursts into bloom
-
Fans of historic DC park wary of Trump plan to 'beautify' city
-
As bee population collapses, US apiarists fear research cuts
-
Lights out for Cuban students as blockade bites
-
Campaigners warn Italy's gutted rape bill could help assailants
-
Libyan ex-prison boss faces ICC war crimes hearing
-
Argentine scientists lay first traps in hantavirus hunt
-
Star of Rome's 'sexy priest' calendar admits: 'I was never a priest'
-
Harry Styles fans to splash over £1 bn on London concerts: Barclays
-
Bolivia protest sees violent clashes, looting in La Paz
-
Trump says held off on new Iran attack, upbeat for agreement
-
Los Angeles World Cup workers vow strike over ICE guarantees
-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, two attackers dead
-
US to screen for Ebola at airports, one American in DR Congo infected
-
Aussie Scott officially set for 100th straight major at US Open
-
Pep Guardiola to leave Man City at end of the season - reports
-
Neymar back in Brazil squad for fourth World Cup
-
Arsenal on the brink of Premier League title after nervy Burnley win
-
Oil rises, global stocks mixed as markets track Iran developments
-
World Cup winner Pavard confirms Marseille exit
-
Trump says holding off on new Iran attack
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks; Washington adds sanctions
-
Trump says delaying Iran attack at request of Gulf leaders
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks and Washington issues sanctions
-
After mayor's murder, Mexico battles to bring peace
-
Trump admin creates $1.7 bln fund to compensate allies prosecuted under Biden
-
Pelicans name Mosley as coach, two weeks after Magic firing
-
Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs along with Gujarat
-
'Girl in the River Main' identified 25 years on, father arrested
-
Musk loses blockbuster OpenAI suit as jury says too late
-
SNC Scandic Coin and Biconomy: Regulated real-world assets meet global trading infrastructure
-
Judge allows gun as evidence in Mangione healthcare exec murder trial
-
First attack on Arab nuclear site sends warning to Gulf, US
-
Oil rises, bond yields weigh on stocks
-
Hormuz tanker traffic edges higher after wartime low
-
Andalusia setback highlights weakness of Spain's ruling Socialists
-
India's Adani to pay $275 mn settlement to US over alleged Iran sanctions violations
-
Middle East tourism pain is Europe's gain
-
UK Labour leadership hopeful reopens Brexit debate
-
PSG's Dembele has treatment for leg issue before Champions League final
-
Spurs must play with 'courage' to seal safety: De Zerbi
-
Hantavirus-hit cruise ship ends deadly voyage
-
Champagne start in Reims for 2028 Tour de France
-
Dogs allowed on new Brigitte Bardot beach in glitzy Cannes
-
Oil prices dip on report of US sanctions relief for Iran during talks
-
Croatia names Modric-led World Cup squad
-
Iran World Cup squad lands in south Turkey for training
-
Mushfiqur ton leaves Pakistan needing record run chase to beat Bangladesh
-
Transport protests hit Kenya over rising fuel prices
Pogacar teammate positive as Covid hits Tour de France
A teammate of the Tour de France defending champion Tadej Pogacar has tested positive for Covid-19, weakening the Slovenian's chances of retaining his current overall lead.
The 33-year-old Norwegian Vegard Stake Laengen, often seen pulling at the front of the UAE Team Emirates train in a headwind, took ill overnight despite testing negative on Thursday morning.
"He reported symptoms of a sore throat late last night," said team doctor Adriano Rotunno.
"The antigen test was positive and it was confirmed by a PCR," he said.
Vegard was withdrawn from the Tour of Slovenia last month when his roommate Mikkel Bjerg tested positive.
Just ahead of the Tour, Matteo Trentin, a key member of Pogacar's team, also pulled out of the race with Covid.
Pogacar leads the race by 31sec from Jonas Vingegaard with Ineos rider Geraint Thomas third, over a minute behind, but there are 14 stages remaining.
He is the second rider to be sent home following AG2R's announcement Saturday that their French rider Geoffrey Bouchard had been sent home for the same reason.
Suffering throughout the seventh stage, the 30-year-old Tour debutant underwent an antigen test, which came back positive.
Bouchard -- King of the Mountains in the 2019 Vuelta a Espana and the 2021 Giro d'Italia -- was immediately isolated from the rest of the team whose tests, including that of his roommate Mikael Cherel, came back negative.
"During the stage, I did not feel well," said Bouchard.
"It's a huge disappointment because we were just getting to my favourite terrain, the mountains.
"It was my first Tour de France and it's sad to end it like this."
AG2R told AFP Saturday "the entire team returned negative tests on Thursday, we have been exemplary in our testing.
"We had riders pull out of the Tour of Switzerland at the end, but cycling as a whole has been exemplary in going through the protocols."
Tour director Thierry Gouvenou said organisers were ready for such an eventuality.
"We saw the figures (of infections) rising throughout France and we were put on red alert during the Tour of Switzerland when 40 riders had to pull out," he said.
Half a dozen riders had to be replaced prior to the start of the Tour de France due to testing positive for Covid.
Backroom members of the teams competing have had to leave due to testing positive with Quick-Step on their third sporting director since it began in Copenhagen last week.
W.Mansour--SF-PST