-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
P&G estimates $1 bn tariff hit, plans some US price hikes
Procter & Gamble executives projected a $1 billion hit from US tariffs over the next year on Tuesday as the consumer products giant said it would institute limited price hikes in the United States.
The maker of Tide laundry detergent and Pampers diapers reported an uptick in quarterly profits following slightly higher sales, even as executives described more reticent consumer behavior compared with earlier in 2025.
"The market growth in the US and Europe is slowing versus what we saw at the beginning of the year," said Chief Financial Officer Andre Schulten, describing shoppers as "more selective" and driven by value.
P&G reported profits of $3.6 billion in the quarter ending June 30, up 15 percent from the year-ago level. Revenues rose two percent to $20.9 billion.
Schulten, in a conference call with analysts, said about $200 million of the estimated US tariff hit is due to products imported from China, with another $200 million from Canada. The remaining $600 million come from the rest of the world.
P&G executives acknowledged that these figures could be lowered if US President Donald Trump strikes deals that lead to decreased levies from those built into estimates.
But P&G executives said they don't have enough details about the just-announced deal between the United States and Europe to update the forecast. They also pointed to the uncertainty of whether Trump administration investigations into the trading practics of other countries will result in additional tariffs.
P&G plans mid-single-digit price hikes on about one-quarter of its US products, translating into about two to 2.5 percent inflation across its portfolio, Schulten said.
Schulten said the move is consistent with P&G's long-term strategy, which includes raising prices on premium items that offer better performance, such as premium detergents or electric toothbrushes.
"We believe the price adjustments are adequate," Schulten said. "They are moderate and they are combined with innovation to improve the overall value for the consumer."
P&G announced on Monday night that Jon Moeller would step down as CEO and be replaced by Chief Operating Officer Shailesh Jejurikar on January 1, 2026. Jejurikar joined the company in 1989 and was promoted to the leadership team in 2014.
Moeller will transition to become P&G's executive chairman.
P&G shares were flat around midday.
A.AbuSaada--SF-PST