-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
Court rejects EDF complaint over Czech nuclear tender
A Czech court on Wednesday rejected a complaint filed by French energy group EDF over the bidding process that saw it lose out on a multibillion-dollar contract to build two additional reactors at a Czech nuclear plant.
If the court had ruled in EDF's favour, the firm would have been allowed to seek compensation -- but it would not have affected the deal, signed earlier this month by Prague and South Korea's KHNP.
The construction is crucial for the Czech Republic, which relies on nuclear power from two plants for 40 percent of its electricity consumption.
"The complaint has been rejected," Klara Belkovova, a spokeswoman for the Regional Court in the city of Brno, told AFP.
She said EDF had eight days to file an appeal with the Supreme Administrative Court to contest the verdict.
But EDF said in a statement obtained by AFP that it would "not pursue any further legal action in the Czech Republic", adding that it "takes note" of the Brno court's decision.
EDF has also filed a complaint over the tender with the European Commission, claiming KHNP may have used state aid that is illegal in the EU. The Commission has not yet decided on the case.
In the rejected complaint, EDF questioned the transparency of the bidding process.
But Prime Minister Petr Fiala said earlier that KHNP's bid was "better in all criteria assessed" than EDF's offer.
KHNP is due to build two nuclear reactors at the Dukovany plant for some 200 billion Czech koruna ($9 billion) each, with construction scheduled to begin in 2029 and the first reactor to be launched in trial operation in 2036.
Q.Jaber--SF-PST