-
Seville, Jefferson-Wooden roar to 100m wins at Silesia Diamond League
-
Brennan sprints to Vuelta stage two victory, Pogacar keeps red
-
VW chief warns carmaker's situation 'more than critical'
-
Duplantis conquers pole vault at Silesia Diamond League
-
England cricketer Carse under investigation after 'nightclub incident'
-
France's badminton gold winners set for obscurity back home
-
McLaren's Norris wins Dutch GP after Verstappen crash
-
Brighton start Premier League season with rout of 10-man Villa
-
Giroud scores as Lille give Davide Ancelotti winning start
-
Maresca makes winning start with Man City after dramatic fightback
-
Kejelcha smashes half-marathon world record in Buenos Aires
-
Mo'unga returns for All Blacks against Johannesburg Lions
-
Trump admin predicts US trade war 'devastating' for Canada
-
Belgian sprinter Philipsen wins Renewi Tour
-
Trump set for starring role at Washington's debut IndyCar race
-
'A day for French badminton' as Lanier triumph gives them golden double at world champs
-
Kane voted player of the year in Germany
-
Kane voted German footballer of the year
-
Padikkal hundred helps India to 300-5 against Sri Lanka
-
'New season, new trim': Man City star Haaland chops off flowing locks
-
Man City agree deal for Lille star Bouaddi
-
Lanier clinches badminton world title in France's golden double
-
Humanoids break records at Beijing Robot Games
-
After Wildberries, Ukraine launches drone campaign on Russia's Ozon
-
Zelensky rejects rival's call for vote, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Padikkal, Gill half-centuries take India to 187-3 at tea
-
Zelensky rejects wartime elections, says would 'split' Ukraine
-
Cummins hails 'sharp' Australia as they get back to winning ways
-
'Keep up the spirit': Indonesian teenage 'Superman' joins wildfire fight
-
Bangladesh eye more Australia Tests to hit next level
-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
Chelsea's Maresca expects no problems with Fernandez after race row
New Chelsea manager Enzo Maresca said Wednesday that he did not expect "any problems at all" when Argentina's Enzo Fernandez rejoins the squad ahead of the start of the Premier League season.
Fernandez has been embroiled in a racism row after he posted a video on social media of him and his Argentina team-mates singing a derogatory chant about the France national team as they celebrated their Copa America triumph earlier in July.
The song targets France's star striker Kylian Mbappe, among others, and includes racist and homophobic insults.
The 23-year-old issued an apology after the video but both FIFA and his club are investigating the incident.
France and Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana criticised the video on social media, describing it as "uninhibited racism".
Fernandez is currently on holiday after international duty and is expected to rejoin his Chelsea team-mates later this month.
"It is quite easy in terms of the player doing a statement to apologise," said Maresca during Chelsea's pre-season tour of the United States.
"The club did the same, so I don't think there is something to add in terms of the situation. It is already clear and clarified."
The Chelsea squad includes seven French players, but Maresca does not think Fernandez's return will cause any issues.
"In the end, they are all human beings. I don't think there are any bad intentions from any one of them. I don't think when Enzo is back that we will have any kind of problem," said the Italian.
"The player clarified already the situation, the club did the same. So, there is nothing to add.
"Once again, I think they are not bad persons or human beings. It can happen but I don't think there are any problems at all."
Several of the Argentinian's clubmates have unfollowed him on social media in the aftermath of the incident.
Club captain Reece James said at Wednesday's press conference that he hoped there would not be any disruption but that he would be ready to step in should there be "anything to amend".
"It was obviously a really difficult situation. I think Enzo acknowledged that he has done wrong and quickly put his hand up to apologise to the club, the team and people offended," said James.
"He hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if there's anything to amend. I'll have to make that judgement when he comes back in. I hope everyone will be on the same page and we can move forward from the situation."
N.Awad--SF-PST